Youth Football

Zguy28

Anyone know where the other SMYFL thread went?
View the thread called Poof.

My practices went great! Everything went down according plan right to the minute. Kids said they had fun. Braves give a thumbs up.

I saw more kids at Lettie Dent practicing football than I've seen in a long time.

hollywood33

View the thread called Poof.

My practices went great! Everything went down according plan right to the minute. Kids said they had fun. Braves give a thumbs up.

I saw more kids at Lettie Dent practicing football than I've seen in a long time.

Don't think "POOF" really explains it. Probably from all the haters hijacking the thread the admin shut it down (**see below). No reason we can't start another one for all the supporters.

NEWS FLASH!! It's real, the season has started, we are practising M-F on ALL THE FIELDS!!!!

GO SMYFL

We reserve the right to delete whole threads that get out of control rather than spend time picking through each post for deletion.

We hope you enjoy the forums, as we enjoy providing them for you. But we have no tolerance for people who can't conduct themselves in a reasonably mature (no donkempjr) fashion.

ClassicCarGuy69

My son is unable to play this year due to an injury but I think I will ride around the county and check out some practices. What fields are you all practicing at? He will be playing next year.

Zguy28

My son is unable to play this year due to an injury but I think I will ride around the county and check out some practices. What fields are you all practicing at? He will be playing next year.
You are welcome to come by and see mine. This Friday 6PM at Lettie Dent. Right hand corner of Field 2 next to the block house.

SMYFL has teams at all three fields almost every night of the week from 6-8.

ClassicCarGuy69

You are welcome to come by and see mine. This Friday 6PM at Lettie Dent. Right hand corner of Field 2 next to the block house.

SMYFL has teams at all three fields almost every night of the week from 6-8.

I just may do that. You say all 3 fields what are the names of the fields? I guess your team doesnt practice 4 nights a week?

Zguy28

I just may do that. You say all 3 fields what are the names of the fields? I guess your team doesnt practice 4 nights a week?
We play games at Lettie Dent, Dorsey, and Lancaster. We practice at the first two, but in the South we practice at other fields in the area.

I only practice 3 nights a week. That is plenty for youth. When the season starts (or when school starts depending how well they are learning the system) I ratchet back to two days. Kids get a lot of homework. Academics come before football.

That's one thing I would love if SMYFL did, an academic accountability program where the kids have a simple weekly report signed by their teacher to say they are doing good in school.

hollywood33

That's one thing I would love if SMYFL did, an academic accountability program where the kids have a simple weekly report signed by their teacher to say they are doing good in school.

hmmmm, sounds like a good idea. I might make a fake one up for my kid!! LOL

I'm sure the particular coaches could do that if they wanted too.