Youth soccer

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive got my 2 big kids playing Adult Soccer, in the Northern St Marys Soccer League

Have 3 grandkids playing, 4yr old, first game tomorrow Northern Soccer
8yr Playing Northern Soccer and WAGS
12yr Rec/Plus

Ive got 4 games to go to this weekend. I spend alot of my weekends on soccer fields.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Ive got my 2 big kids playing Adult Soccer, in the Northern St Marys Soccer League

12yr Rec/Plus

Ive got 4 games to go to this weekend. I spend alot of my weekends on soccer fields.

Hey, I play in the "the older I get the better I was league" too. We had a bye tonight though.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

12yr Rec/Plus

How does he/she like RecPlus? We know a few kids that play but they seemed disappointed in the playing time they get. Unfortunately, I think it's a case of "great player in Rec league but only average in RecPlus". We've had a few coaches tell us that we should have our oldest try out but have been hesitant, however, we're seriously thinking about it now.

OldHillcrestGuy

How does he/she like RecPlus? We know a few kids that play but they seemed disappointed in the playing time they get. Unfortunately, I think it's a case of "great player in Rec league but only average in RecPlus". We've had a few coaches tell us that we should have our oldest try out but have been hesitant, however, we're seriously thinking about it now.

He likes it, my son coaches his team, its actually a U14 team, he actually had a hard time getting players at one time he only had 2 extra's, now has 4, but all of them get plenty of playing time. Its a coed team and the 4 girls on the team are just as competitive and are on the same playing level as the guys.

Grandaughter is on a WAGS (Washington Area Girls Soccer) team, shes getting more playing time this year, but that wasnt the case last year, thats why she also is playing on a Rec team this spring.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
He likes it, my son coaches his team, its actually a U14 team, he actually had a hard time getting players at one time he only had 2 extra's, now has 4, but all of them get plenty of playing time. Its a coed team and the 4 girls on the team are just as competitive and are on the same playing level as the guys.

Grandaughter is on a WAGS (Washington Area Girls Soccer) team, shes getting more playing time this year, but that wasnt the case last year, thats why she also is playing on a Rec team this spring.

We are considering RecPlus mainly because the kids on the team WANT to be there and WANT to play soccer. On the Rec teams, you typically get a few kids who have never played before playing with kids with 5-6 seasons under their belts. A lot of time, practices turn into play-time for those who aren't serious about the sport. I know that the RecPlus coaches are more qualified too. Have more creditials, I mean.

Try-outs are in July so we'll see how he does. Luckily, if he doesn't make the team, Rec registrations are still open so he will be able to play regardless.

Mabus

Free Rent
Rec Plus is an ok program. As far as I remember all of the Rec Plus coaches have at least an "E" and some have a "D" license. Most of them have a clue about what's going on. What people like about Rec Plus is the slightly more competitive nature of soccer without the travel commitment of NCSL or WAGS.

See you guys out there this weekend, good luck :)

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Rec Plus is an ok program. As far as I remember all of the Rec Plus coaches have at least an "E" and some have a "D" license. Most of them have a clue about what's going on. What people like about Rec Plus is the slightly more competitive nature of soccer without the travel commitment of NCSL or WAGS.

See you guys out there this weekend, good luck :)

That's exactly why my son and a few of his friends are interested in moving up to Rec Plus. They take their soccer seriously.

hollywood33

That's exactly why my son and a few of his friends are interested in moving up to Rec Plus. They take their soccer seriously.

"..the kids on the team WANT to be there and WANT to play soccer"

That sums it up, pretty well and along with the fact that you are not traveling all over Maryland.

jsouthan

If anyone is interested in travel soccer, we are holding tryouts for a rising U-10 boys team. Everyone gets a lot of playing time and the focus is on EVERY child developing their skills. If you are interested, feel free to email me at jsouthan@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
CCPR Fall soccer registration is open (I thought it started tomorrow). Both my kids are registered. :yahoo: Hopefully my oldest will make Rec + and won't be playing for P&R but wanted to have him enrolled just in case. Travel soccer isn't an option for us as some of the games are played too far away (Baltimore for instance).

Last edited:

hollywood33

If anyone is interested in travel soccer, we are holding tryouts for a rising U-10 boys team. Everyone gets a lot of playing time and the focus is on EVERY child developing their skills. If you are interested, feel free to email me at jsouthan@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

You might want to check out the U10 RECPLUS tournament, June 5, 2010 at Chaptico Park!