YSK that children should NEVER be forced to give hugs, kisses, or any other affection to anyone - including family members

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I saw one nutter insist that you should ask your baby's permission to change their diaper. :lmao:

Babies don't want to get changed, they just want to be changed. So you ask some baby, "Hey, may I change your diaper?" they're going to squall and gripe - "Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!" But they really do want a clean diaper, and you the adult know that. So how do you give them that clean diaper when they refuse you permission?

This is like a metaphor for life or something.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
About hugging relatives, I agree that children shouldn't be forced to hug and smooch smelly old Aunt Matilda or creepy Uncle Joe. I always hated that when I was a kid. "Come here and give me a hug!" "Ick, no."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

stgislander

PREMO Member
About hugging relatives, I agree that children shouldn't be forced to hug and smooch smelly old Aunt Matilda or creepy Uncle Joe. I always hated that when I was a kid. "Come here and give me a hug!" "Ick, no."
If it means being their favorite niece/nephew and inheriting their fortune when they die... hug away.