YUP - 6 FEET IS NOT ENOUGH!

TPD

the poor dad

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As a professional Crop Duster, I can tell you.. it will linger.. You may be 6 feet apart at the point of the release, but somebody can, and will walk through the cloud of despair..
As a skilled practitioner of the art myself...I can confirm that my experiences align with yours.

SamSpade

What gets me is what I've written earlier - what "science" is six feet based on?

So when they say "you conservatives are anti-science" I'm asking, where's the damned science?
I don't care if a SCIENTIST says it, he still has to show proof.

PeoplesElbow

The six foot rule is based off research from the 30s and 40s, it was determined that past 6 ft there is a significantly lower chance of inhaling droplets from other people.

I'd add to that most people are terrible judges of distance past 6 ft.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
6ft is at least the minimum people should be distancing themselves from you anyway - as in a grocery store line, or waiting at the pharmacy, etc.

It's creepy to be standing any closer than that. I don't think you even need science to figure that out.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I started to reach for the tape measure (for the screen) then remembered I had my resolution all jacked up because my laptop is positioned at the back of my desk and I was getting eye strain from the tiny font. At least, that's my story. 😉

Anyway, to get back on topic, I like the separation. If I wanted to be any closer to you, I would ask you out on a date. Having some derelict wreaking of weed mumbling rap lyrics to themselves kind of ruins the whole shopping experience for me. Sometimes 6 feet is not enough.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Forgot about that. Fixed it. Proving once again women can't measure. :lmao:
Christ! Now I'm going to walk around all day with an inferiority complex. Your "fixing it" about doubled the length in the original post. :kicksrocks: