zero turn mowers

Dukesdad

I'm looking at commercial mowers Scag, John Deer and Gravely 60" cut, 26-30 hp. Cutting mostly flat ground, a couple steep hills. I have been to JD and Scag dealers and they recomended a JD Z930 and a scag Wildcat. Haven't been to the Gravely dealer.
Anyone have these mowers? Anyone care to comment on the quality of one compared to the others if you have had more than one brand. Don't really want to hear I only buy JD 'cuz my daddy did...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Once upon a time, my dad used to have a Gravely stand behind, or whatever it is you call 'em. He's been dead 19 years, and he had it about 10 years before he died.

I know the person who owns it now, and it is still going strong. :yay:

Vince

Dad had an old Sears Craftsman...oil plug fell off one day, oil ran out and engine seized. Told me to come and get it. Brought the tractor home, got a pipe wrench on the shaft and gently turned it through. Put some oil back it in, cranked it up and ran it for another 5 years. :lol: Next mower will be a JD.

Dukesdad

Dad had an old Sears Craftsman...oil plug fell off one day, oil ran out and engine seized. Told me to come and get it. Brought the tractor home, got a pipe wrench on the shaft and gently turned it through. Put some oil back it in, cranked it up and ran it for another 5 years. :lol: Next mower will be a JD.

Sounds like my old straight 6 300 in my f-150. rear pan seal went out, stopped on the side of the road and put 5 qts in it. Ran it for the next several with no problems. But I digress..:whistle:

owenslx3

I'm looking at commercial mowers Scag, John Deer and Gravely 60" cut, 26-30 hp. Cutting mostly flat ground, a couple steep hills. I have been to JD and Scag dealers and they recomended a JD Z930 and a scag Wildcat. Haven't been to the Gravely dealer.
Anyone have these mowers? Anyone care to comment on the quality of one compared to the others if you have had more than one brand. Don't really want to hear I only buy JD 'cuz my daddy did...

the scag is a beast...dont know about the rest....i have a craftsman riding mower too, the scag will cut my grass in almost a quarter of the time....it does take a little time to get used to driving it, and hope u never get it stuck...it seems likes it is good on gas but its hard to tell because it it doesnt take long to finish the job.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have to go Scag here...I have 2 of them and they have been excellent....Go back to see Mike and try one of his demos....Will cut your cutting time like you wouldn't believe....I am not going to knock JD or gravely because I've never owned one....Think about where you live too and service too...Mike has all the parts ya want or might need....Very knowledgable about the product too...

Sorry but I forgot to add...They do ride a little rough if your yard is bumpy...They do have one with suspension on it and that is the ticket...