Zomfg!!1!

jetmonkey

M 3/30 Brendon Small of Dethklok/Metalocalypse backed by the School of Rock All Stars w/ special guests Tragedy: A Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees

jetmonkey

*bump*

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 99
L

luckystar

my favorite place in DC :yay:

I haven't been there since... 2005? Maybe longer than that, I can't remember. It is a really nice atmosphere. One of those places I wouldn't want to see light shed on, though.

My dad went there with me to see MSI a long time ago. He was the only one dressed in a suit, people thought he was security :lol:

Surprisingly, he really enjoyed the show!

jetmonkey

I haven't been there since... 2005? Maybe longer than that, I can't remember. It is a really nice atmosphere. One of those places I wouldn't want to see light shed on, though.

My dad went there with me to see MSI a long time ago. He was the only one dressed in a suit, people thought he was security :lol:

Surprisingly, he really enjoyed the show!

I liked the old location better, something about that 930 club signature smell and the way you were crushed up against the stage, and the televisions. The new one probably has better sound but it definitely is more corporate feeling. The upstairs seating is nice, though. I geez now; standing in the pit for the whole show makes me hate life.

L

luckystar

I liked the old location better, something about that 930 club signature smell and the way you were crushed up against the stage, and the televisions. The new one probably has better sound but it definitely is more corporate feeling. The upstairs seating is nice, though. I geez now; standing in the pit for the whole show makes me hate life.

Must have been a while ago, I seem to remember 815 V Street being the address when I went in HS. Guess MSI must have been 2003. Good lord.

jetmonkey

Must have been a while ago, I seem to remember 815 V Street being the address when I went in HS. Guess MSI must have been 2003. Good lord.

My first show there was the Fall in like 1985 I think? Mark E. Smith got pissed because the sound was so bad that he picked up all his free beers and doused the crowd with them. So we get pulled over on the way home. "You boys been drinking tonight?" "No, sir, we just like to bath in beer after we get dressed."

L

luckystar

My first show there was the Fall in like 1985 I think? Mark E. Smith got pissed because the sound was so bad that he picked up all his free beers and doused the crowd with them. So we get pulled over on the way home. "You boys been drinking tonight?" "No, sir, we just like to bath in beer after we get dressed."

LMAO! What was his reaction to the breathalyzer results?

jetmonkey

LMAO! What was his reaction to the breathalyzer results?

He didn't breathalize us, lols. I don't think they had quite the stick up there ass about it back then that they do now. I got breathalized once in my life and it was when I hadn't been drinking.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

The old place had that special "This isn't the Kennedy Center" feel to it, yup.

:lol: