Maryland Lemon Law...

oldman

Lobster Land
I have my own lemon law. It goes into my tea but will not be eaten raw. Having been divorced twice puckering just isn't my forte unless it's a special event.

N

nitwhit3286

yah I think I did. Darn...this car has costed us way too much money. Took it in today and ran a diagnostic on it. Come to find out like 4 different things are wrong with it. 2 of the 4 is gunna cost around 1,060.00.....its crazy! We are going to fix what needs to be fixed on it and then sell that damn car....let someone buy it that can afford to fix every single break it has. I mean we have popped at least 3 or 4 grand into it since last August. Ridiculous! I mean it is a beautiful car, I love it....it brings a tear to my eye knowing all of the problems it has had since we have owned it. I don't think the lemon law applies to us anymore considering we have put more than 15,000 miles on it since we have had it a little over a year. What a shame. :(

ImnoMensa

I believe the Lemon law kicks in when the car has multiple repairs for the same thing.

I dont believe it counts for used cars and if you have spent that much money in a year for repairs and the warranty hasnt covered it you must be speaking of a used car.

Whatever: Documentation is paramount.

N

nitwhit3286

I believe the Lemon law kicks in when the car has multiple repairs for the same thing.

I dont believe it counts for used cars and if you have spent that much money in a year for repairs and the warranty hasnt covered it you must be speaking of a used car.

Whatever: Documentation is paramount.

yes this is a used vehicle. ding ding ding..paid 1600 bucks for a p.o.s. warranty.

W

Wenchy

yes this is a used vehicle. ding ding ding..paid 1600 bucks for a p.o.s. warranty.

I'm thinking this is your VW that you were so pleased with before.

Please share with the class and give all details.

VduvUMarie

If it is your VW let me know what your codes were when you were hooked up to the OBDII, I may be able to help with simpler cost-effective solutions depending on what they are. My dub hit 107,000 miles today and still going strong. :yay:

N

nitwhit3286

Ok.... we purchased the vehicle at ourisman in laurel. We loved it at the beginning..very happy with it. Purchased the warranty through the program that helped us finance the car (ok that wasn't the best idea). Ourisman guaranteed it through them for 2mo. or 3,000 miles...whatever came first...so 2 days after the two month mark.....it starts acting up. We take it to the dealership. The service guys look at it....and they are like ok well this this and this needs to be done with it...and the warranty was suppossed to kick in. Well needless to say, something went on I apparently wasn't a part of and the warranty said they wouldn't pay for the tear down of the engine unless they knew for sure what the problem was. Well, all the guys can go by is the diagnostic...so...to make a long story short on that one.. I contacted the big boys at VW, and they took care of it....only 100 bucks out of pocket. Ok....so I dunno how many months later, sometime I say in July first part of August.. we need to take it in again because the CV boot needed to be replaced. Plus something else I can't remember which we paid about 400 dollars for. The warranty took care of half of that. We had to replace the winshield in the car already which cost us 275 dollars. We needed a replacement car battery, 75.00. And oil changes which only take pure synthetic oil at 100.00 a pop. Now the ABS like and the cars internal computer or ESP light is on. We take it to the greenbrier VW here in VA Beach...and this is what the diagnostic read: 79182 Found light on due to sterring angle sensor. recommend replace. Also found vac leak for brake vacuum system. Recommend, replace hose.
Found split vac line. Found passenger rear upper link on front suspension boot busted. Found drivers outer tie rod end boot busted. No excessive movement found at this time. Recomment replace and perform alignment before alignment issues occur.

So here is the bottom line... this car is expensive to have... expensive to maintenence and we are just done with it. We love the car, it is gorgeous and when everything is ok with the car it drives like a champ. It brings a tear to my eye to be typing all of this. The warranty won't help us with any of what was found from the diagnostic that was run on it last week. We have a 2002 Volkswagen Passat w8 4motion (look it up if you don't know). mileage of 79,182. We still owe a ridiculous amount of money on the car. I don't know what to do. I figure fix what absolutely needs to be fixed on it...sell it for what we can get and cut our losses. This has been absolutely ridiculous!! :doh:

Midnightrider

Ok.... we purchased the vehicle at ourisman in laurel. We loved it at the beginning..very happy with it. Purchased the warranty through the program that helped us finance the car (ok that wasn't the best idea). Ourisman guaranteed it through them for 2mo. or 3,000 miles...whatever came first...so 2 days after the two month mark.....it starts acting up. We take it to the dealership. The service guys look at it....and they are like ok well this this and this needs to be done with it...and the warranty was suppossed to kick in. Well needless to say, something went on I apparently wasn't a part of and the warranty said they wouldn't pay for the tear down of the engine unless they knew for sure what the problem was. Well, all the guys can go by is the diagnostic...so...to make a long story short on that one.. I contacted the big boys at VW, and they took care of it....only 100 bucks out of pocket. Ok....so I dunno how many months later, sometime I say in July first part of August.. we need to take it in again because the CV boot needed to be replaced. Plus something else I can't remember which we paid about 400 dollars for. The warranty took care of half of that. We had to replace the winshield in the car already which cost us 275 dollars. We needed a replacement car battery, 75.00. And oil changes which only take pure synthetic oil at 100.00 a pop. Now the ABS like and the cars internal computer or ESP light is on. We take it to the greenbrier VW here in VA Beach...and this is what the diagnostic read: 79182 Found light on due to sterring angle sensor. recommend replace. Also found vac leak for brake vacuum system. Recommend, replace hose.
Found split vac line. Found passenger rear upper link on front suspension boot busted. Found drivers outer tie rod end boot busted. No excessive movement found at this time. Recomment replace and perform alignment before alignment issues occur.

So here is the bottom line... this car is expensive to have... expensive to maintenence and we are just done with it. We love the car, it is gorgeous and when everything is ok with the car it drives like a champ. It brings a tear to my eye to be typing all of this. The warranty won't help us with any of what was found from the diagnostic that was run on it last week. We have a 2002 Volkswagen Passat w8 4motion (look it up if you don't know). mileage of 79,182. We still owe a ridiculous amount of money on the car. I don't know what to do. I figure fix what absolutely needs to be fixed on it...sell it for what we can get and cut our losses. This has been absolutely ridiculous!! :doh:

you cant really be surprised that a car with that many miles is going to have some reapir and maintenance issues, can you?

and sorry, but the lemmon law only covers new cars.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
lol 80k miles and your replacing all of this stuff? You either beat the shiat out of the car and have no clue on how to maintain it or you are letting dealers and shops get over on you. Im sorry but if your paying 100.00 to have your oil changed with synthetic then you need to read up and educate yourself on the vehicle you purchase in order to save you $$$. a synthetic oil change should run no more the 50.00 unless its a V8.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
lol 80k miles and your replacing all of this stuff? You either beat the shiat out of the car and have no clue on how to maintain it or you are letting dealers and shops get over on you. Im sorry but if your paying 100.00 to have your oil changed with synthetic then you need to read up and educate yourself on the vehicle you purchase in order to save you $$$. a synthetic oil change should run no more the 50.00 unless its a V8.

I use synthetic in the old V-8 T-Bird and purchase the oil at Walmart and bring it to the shop. Cheaper to bring the oil with you.

About $25 for synthetic with filter change if you do it yourself, and anyone can learn to do it.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
I use synthetic in the old V-8 T-Bird and purchase the oil at Walmart and bring it to the shop. Cheaper to bring the oil with you.

Yeah but my oil and filter for my truck alone cost like 57.00. but then again I am buying 15k mile sythetic so I don't have to do the standard 3-5k oil change LOL.

N

nitwhit3286

ok and what do you think a w8 4 motion is then smart a$$? It is a v8....:bigwhoop: