Favorite Places to go in OBX

J

jjsmommy99

What kind of place??

Restaurants, light houses, etc..I like Bassnights Lone Cedar Cafe on the causeway to Manteo and Pirate's Cove. Burned down last year and is rebuilt now. Can't wait to go.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
The Christmas Shoppe in Manteo is reopening.

The Weeping Radish

Jolly Rogers

Sam and Omies

Carolina Seafood

Hatteras Lighthouse

JLS

What's your favorite place to go in the Outter Banks?

The Country Gin, the Farmers Daughter...
The Weeping Radish, The Aquarium and the Country shoppe by the weeping radish thats in Manteo - and of course the lighthouses & beach!

Is that too many?? :lmao:

J

jjsmommy99

Anyone been to the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo? They are wonderful. I've seen Sam and Omie's on the corner before. Looks small. Maybe I'll try it this year. Oh yea, gotta love Sonic! Hurricane Moe's in Pirate's Cove is also great!

KWAK

We usually stay around the Kill Devil Hills area. And we usually get a waterfront cottage so we spend most of the time on the beach. Hit the (gasp) Food Lion to fill the cabinets, the ABC for other necessities, and then just chill at the cottage (which usually has a pool, hot tub and pool table so we have lots to do).

For restaurants I miss The Wharf! Captain George's is THE BEST! Lucky 12 or Cosmo's for pizza. Would NOT recommend Port O Call for dinner - usually have good bands though. We usually do at least meal from Awful Arther's (takeout, though). Austin's Seafood is a great market (we like better than Seamark). Actually the Nags Head Pier has good food too!

We've never really done the lighthouse thing - but we do enjoy a day on the 4 wheel drive beach.

We've gone every year for the past 10 years and will be going again in September (off season - rates are cheaper, weather still hot, kids in school, store & outlets have great sales!).

I usually check out these sites to see what's new or changed:

Outer Banks Message Board - Discussion Forum

Avalon Pier-PierCam
(Love the pier cam on this one!)

red_explorer

Restaurants, light houses, etc..I like Bassnights Lone Cedar Cafe on the causeway to Manteo and Pirate's Cove. Burned down last year and is rebuilt now. Can't wait to go.
Basnights is huge now, and very loud!! But the food is still awesome! I was there several weeks ago, and will be there this weekend!

red_explorer

Anyone been to the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo? They are wonderful. I've seen Sam and Omie's on the corner before. Looks small. Maybe I'll try it this year. Oh yea, gotta love Sonic! Hurricane Moe's in Pirate's Cove is also great!

Forget Sonic!!!! Dune Burgers in Nags Head- Its a hole in the wall with all outside seating, but they have the best burgers!! And they've been there like 40 years!

red_explorer

Kitty Hawk Pier

Anyone remember the restaurant at Kitty Hawk Pier- pre Isabel! They had the best Hatteras Clam Chowder and BLT's! And Chicken Night at the Pier was awesome! A huge local tradition! man, do I miss that place! So many memories!