Favorite Places to go in OBX

red_explorer

Try Carawans Seafood in Kitty Hawk, right by Walmart. Their prices and quality are usually better than Austins, and Seamark is closing!

Also, a lot of areas in Cape Hatteras were closed to driving last week, because silly people vandalized signs blocking off certain areas. You can still drive up in Corolla and Carova though. Its awesome there!

J

jjsmommy99

Basnights is huge now, and very loud!! But the food is still awesome! I was there several weeks ago, and will be there this weekend!

Is the landscaping still as great? I can't wait to go. I've seen Dune Burger before, but never went. We stay in South Nags Head. Nag's Head pier is also great. Been to Kelley's once, it was ok, as well as Outter Banks Brewery.

red_explorer

All this talk about OBX- now I am really homesick. I am definitely headed home this weekend. My parents moved out of PG County to Southern Shores about 20 years ago, and that's other home now.!!!!

red_explorer

Is the landscaping still as great? I can't wait to go. I've seen Dune Burger before, but never went. We stay in South Nags Head. Nag's Head pier is also great. Been to Kelley's once, it was ok, as well as Outter Banks Brewery.

The storms last week and the week before did a real number on the landscaping according to my mom, who was there earlier this week for lunch. But their herb garden is ok. It has a cement seawall around it.

J

jjsmommy99

All this talk about OBX- now I am really homesick. I am definitely headed home this weekend. My parents moved out of PG County to Southern Shores about 20 years ago, and that's other home now.!!!!

Wonderful. I look forward to going there every year. So relaxing there and no pressure to do anything.

red_explorer

Jewelry

For jewelry, rather than the junk shops, try Natural Creations, next to Walmart. Tim has a huge selection of really nice gold OBX type charms. I have treasured my Cape Hatteras lighthouse for over 15 years. And Tim is a terrific person too!

red_explorer

First year we stayed down there, proably 83, we stayed right next to OBX Fishing Pier, in a house that went the next years storms. The house was so close to the beach, we had to keep the door closed or else the ocean foam came in!

I love that area, even though it has gotten very built up, and pretty expensive.

J

jjsmommy99

First year we stayed down there, proably 83, we stayed right next to OBX Fishing Pier, in a house that went the next years storms. The house was so close to the beach, we had to keep the door closed or else the ocean foam came in!

I love that area, even though it has gotten very built up, and pretty expensive.

Two years ago we stayed near a house that was ready to go in..Got inside it and everything was still there, towels on the bed, furniture, fishing trophies from the 1950's. It was so eerie, like they just disappeared. Gonna check and see if it's still here this year.

Agee

Ocean Boulevard has gone way down hill this winter, but hopefully came back with new help. They were pretty awful when we were there in January. They also own Blue Point Grill in Duck, which is wonderful.

Sorry to hear that, wonder if ownership has changed hand? I use to cook with the original owner.

Have to give you a :yeahthat: on the Blue Point! Also, the Sanderling in Duck/Corolla :yay:

red_explorer

Sorry to hear that, wonder if ownership has changed hand? I use to cook with the original owner.

Have to give you a :yeahthat: on the Blue Point! Also, the Sanderling in Duck/Corolla :yay:

Still have the same owner- Both restaurants actually- but they really had problems over the winter. My mom loves eating there- eats out probably 4 or 5 times a week with her friends- and she was really upset about it.

Roadside in Duck is also very good!

red_explorer

Two years ago we stayed near a house that was ready to go in..Got inside it and everything was still there, towels on the bed, furniture, fishing trophies from the 1950's. It was so eerie, like they just disappeared. Gonna check and see if it's still here this year.

If it was along the beach road, it's probably gone. They took down several because they were afraid people would get hurt.

Driftaway was finally taken down a couple of years ago. THat sat zigzagged for two or three years, right on the ocean- then it was fixed, then there was a storm. Now no more Driftaway. It used to be mentioned on Channel Nine News pretty regularly in DC. I have pictures from underneath the house. It was wild!

J

jjsmommy99

If it was along the beach road, it's probably gone. They took down several because they were afraid people would get hurt.

Driftaway was finally taken down a couple of years ago. THat sat zigzagged for two or three years, right on the ocean- then it was fixed, then there was a storm. Now no more Driftaway. It used to be mentioned on Channel Nine News pretty regularly in DC. I have pictures from underneath the house. It was wild!

I'd like to see the pics!

sockgirl77

Awful Arthur's, Pirate's Cove, Brew Thru, My old high school, Kelley's, my friends' houses, and my grandparents' house.