I need a hobby

dn0121

Time to start a hobby and make the most out of living here. I was thinking of a few things, but Im going to do some searching and thought I would ask here. Also can't wait to read the smarta$$ replies. Those will be fun I am sure.

Fishing, I used to fish as a kid with my family. Do you need a license to catch and release? I don't have a boat so it would be just standing some where and casting a line.

Kayaking, I have read that there is some good kayaking places around here. That has always sounded interesting to see nature from a new perspective. Any places to rent or get lessons from?

Gardening I somewhat do, but I want to get away from the house. What else are some exciting hobbies around here?

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Time to start a hobby and make the most out of living here. I was thinking of a few things, but Im going to do some searching and thought I would ask here. Also can't wait to read the smarta$$ replies. Those will be fun I am sure.

Fishing, I used to fish as a kid with my family. Do you need a license to catch and release? I don't have a boat so it would be just standing some where and casting a line.

Kayaking, I have read that there is some good kayaking places around here. That has always sounded interesting to see nature from a new perspective. Any places to rent or get lessons from?

Gardening I somewhat do, but I want to get away from the house. What else are some exciting hobbies around here?

Yes, you do need license to be able to go fishing.

Probably the base for boating/kayaking lessons. I'm not sure where else...

I wish I could help you with about the hobbies thing. I pretty much do most of my hobbies at home.

You could do hunting, paintballing, golfing, swimming, woodworking if you have an access to the base, etc.

M

Mousebaby

My hobby is actively trying to stay out of the loony bin!

But of course now that summer is here and my kids are all out of school, all is lost. :jameo:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Wish I had access to it. Seems there are a lot of perks to having base access.

Same here. :ohwell:

There are lot of golf courses that you can use in the county. Paintballing is pretty much gather all of your friends and find someone who have a large acres full of wood to go shoot at each others for fun. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Get your license and hit St. Mary's Lake. Walk around the lake to the places most people are too lazy to walk to but watch out for ticks.

Get a Sit On Top kayak designed for fishing (increased stability) and then hit the lake again or one of the many places around here to paddle.

Having base access is nice but way over rated IMHO.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
is drinking and chasing women a hobby
or
a habit

maybe just a lifestyle:shrug:

Fishing is great in somd the lake, point lookout, st. georges island bridge

two different license requirments for fresh water and salt water.

hit the tackle box for all the fishin info you will ever need:yay:

There's a kayak place between Jethros and the rib place on Solomons. They rent/sell. Lots of good water and back creeks to paddle in. I had to sell my kayak... poor body couldn't handle it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Gardening I somewhat do, but I want to get away from the house.

I've got some weeds that need pulling, some plants that need moving, some seeds that need to go in the ground, lots of mulch to spread around...if you want to come over to my house and do some gardening...:whistle:

Almost forgot...the lawn will need cutting soon as it dries out!

F

FireBuff40

I am surprised nobody has said it yet, the forums are mostly everyones favorite hobby around here :popcorn:

R

remaxrealtor

We just started kayaking, very fun and relaxing!

How bout horseback riding?