I need a hobby

tiltedangel

Time to start a hobby and make the most out of living here. I was thinking of a few things, but Im going to do some searching and thought I would ask here. Also can't wait to read the smarta$$ replies. Those will be fun I am sure.

Fishing, I used to fish as a kid with my family. Do you need a license to catch and release? I don't have a boat so it would be just standing some where and casting a line.

Kayaking, I have read that there is some good kayaking places around here. That has always sounded interesting to see nature from a new perspective. Any places to rent or get lessons from?

Gardening I somewhat do, but I want to get away from the house. What else are some exciting hobbies around here?

ghost hunting! fun!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Kayaking, I have read that there is some good kayaking places around here. That has always sounded interesting to see nature from a new perspective. Any places to rent or get lessons from?

I was in Fredericksburg this weekend, there are several canoe/kayak outfitters along the Rappahannock on River Road

F

FireBuff40

Join a local firehouse.... Depending on where you live here are some websites, if your or anyone else on here are interested....

Charles County:

La Plata 1: La plata Volunteer Fire Department
Hughesville 2: Hughesville Volunteer Fire and EMS Department - Charles County, MD
Waldorf 3, EMS 3, 12: Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department
Benedict 5: Benedict Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad, Inc. - Company 5
Cobb Island 6: Cobb Island Volunteer Fire Department & EMS - Charles County, Company 6
Potomac Heights 7: http://www.phvfd.com
Tenth District 8: Tenth District Volunteer Fire Department
Indian Head 9: http://www.ihvfd.com
Bel Alton 10: Bel Alton Volunteer Fire Department - Charles County, Maryland Company 10
Bryans Road 11: bryansroad
Newburg 14: http://www.nvrsfd.com
Charles County Rescue Squad 51: Charles County Volunteer Rescue Squad - Charles County, Maryland Station 51
Charles County Vol. Fire & EMS Assoc. http://www.ccvfireems.org

Calvert County

North Beach 1: Welcome to North Beach Volunteer Fire Department
Prince Frederick 2: Prince Frederick Volunteer Fire Department - Home
Solomons 3: Solomons Volunteer Rescue Squad and Fire Department - Company 3 - Calvert County, Maryland
Prince Frederick EMS 4: Prince Frederick Volunteer Rescue Squad - Calvert County Company 4
Dunkirk 5: DUNKIRK VOLUNTEERS STATION 5
Huntingtown 6: Huntingtown Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. - Company 6
St. Leonard 7: St. Leonard Vol. Fire and Rescue Co. 7

St. Mary's County

Leonardtown 1: Leonardtown Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. - Company 1 - Firehouse
Mechanicsville 2 & 22: Mechanicsville Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. - Company 2/22
Bay District 3 & 9: Bay District Volunteers - Company 3/9 - St. Mary's County, MD
Ridge 4: Ridge Volunteer Fire Department - St. Mary's County Company 4
Seventh District 5: Seventh District Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. - Company 5
Second District 6: Second District Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad, Inc. - St. Mary's Company 6
Hollywood 7: Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department - Company 7
Leonardtown VRS 19: Leonardtown Volunteer Rescue Squad, Inc. (Emergency Medical Services)
Mechanicsville VRS 29: Mechanicsville Volunteer Rescue Squad, Inc.
Lexington Park VRS 38 & 39: Lexington Park Volunteer Rescue Squad - Company 39
Ridge VRS 49: Ridge Volunteer Rescue Squad - St. Mary's County, Maryland
Hollywood VRS 79: Hollywood Volunteer Rescue Squad - Company 79

Dodgem250

Well, if you're in to guns, you could take up sporting clays or trap or something to that effect, at least you can do that year 'round. Then when hunting season comes in, you'll miss everything like the rest of the trap shooters do LOL!

craberta

GHOST HUNTING. MY SON SAW ONE AT ABOUT 3AM ON THE ISLAND. hIS FRIEND SAW IT ALSO, A LITTLE BOY, COMPLETELY NAKED, WEARING A LIFEVEST. tHEY WATCHED HIM GO FROM THE CEMETARY AREA TO THE PEIR. aND THEN HE WAS GONE.