Help me Meet some people

Newguy

I just moved to the Indian Head area from out of state.  I was wondering where the good places to meet people are located.  I am pretty young and don't know anyone in town.  Please help.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Newguy,

It all depends on your interests and things.  Maybe you could let us know what type of things you like to do?
I believe Indian Head is near waldorf... if so, then you aren't too far from DC...so that gives you a lotta options.

If you are into the party scene, there are lotsa clubs in dc.
If you are more of an academic person, then you could take a class at one of the colleges and meet people that way.
If you are very religious, church could introduce you to new folks.
If you are into atheltics, you could join a sports league.

School and work are always easy ways to meet new people.
hmmm... there is a mall in Waldorf...
Baltimore has things going on too if you don't like DC...baltimore would probably be an hour or so from Waldorf.  

There are a few members in this site that live near Waldorf...

FunnyGuy

Ya head up to the cities, stay away from the southern part.  If you dont fish, hunt, crab, or inbreed there is nothing to do.  No decent clubs or anything down this way in St.Marys, so head to the cities and find some up to date with society people.  Or you can stay in southern maryland and play some bingo or keno woooohooooo!!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
man, what is up w/ these clones following me around... urggghh...

I just came out of reading the "rude" thread... talk about rude...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're a Funny Guy, all right.  Newguy, don't listen to him.  St. Mary's is a nice area - just quiet and more "outdoor recreation" oriented.    Indian Head is pretty centrally-located so you can choose from nightlife or wildlife, whatever you want.  Penguin gave some great ideas on how to meet people - there's actually a lot going on in the various communities.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I guess Funnyguy speaks from experience, at least that is what his brother/father said.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
HAHAHA Ken!   :lol:

Keep in mind the sailing isn't as nice in the city either.  

New Guy - there is much more to do down here once the weather warms up a bit too, give us a try :)

FunnyGuy

Oh ya I know the Summers are pretty good here.  The fishing is great.  But it seems like there isnt much else to do, the bums/crackheads just seem to destroy the nice things that come to this area. There just doesnt seem to be much entertainment here.  I dunno I guess Im just used to an up to date environment.  Sorry if it seems like im bashing the area but man do winters just take forever to end here.  The bordum just starts to set in.  Do you think that an all year round outdoor Paintball Fields would do any good here?  I came from a Pro Field area and think it could bring something to the community here, if all  else fails somethign to do in the winter.  But would bring in alot of good sponsership.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hook up with the guy at Blue Wind on Rt. 235 across from Wal-Mart.  His name is JD and he's a paintball person.  He'd be able to tell you where they play and sell you some equipment too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FunnyGuy - LaserTag should be opening up soon at Hyperspace in Hollywood in case you're interested.

BTW --- you stole my sun.....  :ohwell:

FunnyGuy

Thank you for the info vraiblonde. Thank you also RoseRed I heard that place is pretty cool.  Always looks busy when I go by.  Sorry for coming off rude at first just a little frustrated.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Actually it is a pretty cool place, I have taken my daughter several times now.  She asks everyday to go to the Big Giant Playground.  Good way to let them run amuk (somewhat) and then they take a great nap!  They also have a rock climbing wall, food and arcade.  

FunnyGuy

Also Rose sorry for stealing your sun but how you keep this thing from copying the persons icon that you reply to?  And TeddyBear Im not depressed at all, I am actually a very fun person and I love to have fun, just was looking for something to do in the winter thats all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It seems that FunnyGuy has a bit of schizophrenia going on - he's taking on the avatar of the poster before him.  Forum bug!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have no idea why it copies, maybe ask DeeJay or Ken.  I picked mine when I originally signed on and haven't changed it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FunnyGuy on 2:39 pm on Feb. 20, 2002[br] #Do you think that an all year round outdoor Paintball Fields would do any good here? #I came from a Pro Field area and think it could bring something to the community here, if all #else fails somethign to do in the winter. #But would bring in alot of good sponsership.

Last edited:

Newguy

Well thanks for the help.  Really I was wanting to know the name of a couple of "happening" places to go to around here.  I figure I would at least make one friend near work/home before I started running off to D.C.   Also what kind of things are there to do in the day time that you really can't find in other states?  And is there a good gym in the area?  good price too?