Bush gives corps billions in secret tax break

TrueBlue

Who knew Bush could make tax policy without input from the Congress?

==========

In a series of little-noticed executive orders intended to ease the tax burden on corporate America, the Bush administration has implemented a number of new policies that will provide corporations with billions of dollars in tax relief without the consent of Congress.

The actions include new regulations, notices of new rulemaking, and tax collection policies on issues ranging from tax-free compensation for corporate executives to tax deductions for “intangible” assets to greatly expanded tax accounting flexibility for small- and medium-sized businesses.

MORE...

http://thehill.com/050802/treasury.shtmhttp://thehill.com/050802/treasury.shtm

Note: These are Treasury Department Executive Orders and Procedures. If you look at White House orders, you won't find them.

Last edited:

demsformd

This recent tax break is further proof that our president is in the pockets of the big corporations that are run by greed and not compassion. Everyone but the people have a place in the White House. Have you realized that the economic forum in Texas is being called the President's Economic Forum? Its not America's Economic Forum, its the president's. No new solutions have been proposed to curb the current problems and the forum just provides the administration with the echo of their own voice. Thank you for informing the people of this county of the big business corruption of the White House.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Here's a list of EVERY Executive Order signed by Bush Jr. I skimmed through, but didn't see any regarding tax breaks for Corporations. Please do enlighten us TrueBlue, which Executive Order are they referencing?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/

My opinion is..... I'm for tax breaks for Big Corporations, Little Corporations, Mom and Pop Shops, and ME! It makes me ill the tax dollars that are squandered in this country by both sides. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Christy
Here's a list of EVERY Executive Order signed by Bush Jr. I skimmed through, but didn't see any regarding tax breaks for Corporations. Please do enlighten us TrueBlue, which Executive Order are they referencing?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/

My opinion is..... I'm for tax breaks for Big Corporations, Little Corporations, Mom and Pop Shops, and ME! It makes me ill the tax dollars that are squandered in this country by both sides. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!

It was a DOUBLE-SECRET Executive Order!
(sshhh)

Christy

b*tch rocket
And don't even get me started on Executive Orders signed by Bill Clinton, criminal at large! :burning:

I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE to go and have a look at both men's Executive Orders and make your determination on who's for "Big Business".

http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/executive_orders/disposition_tables.html

Actually, some of Clinton's Executive Orders are hysterically funny. I nearly choked to death when I came across Executive Order 13162 "Federal Career Intern Program". :roflmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
...Actually, some of Clinton's Executive Orders are hysterically funny. I nearly choked to death when I came across Executive Order 13162 "Federal Career Intern Program". :roflmao:
Does it mandate vocational equipment "to include: kneepads and a box of hand-rolled Cubans"? :lmao:

And a small allowance for "Dry cleaning costs?"

Christy

b*tch rocket
tap tap tap

Waiting to hear the board Democrats defense on this one. :wink:

Meaning, what's up with the bogus link and non-existent Executive Order?

Repeat after me.... Just cause you read it on the internet, doesn't make it true! :rolleyes:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I am so tired of dems digging for any little thing to criticize Bush!! Okay he is not THE most intelligent man on the face of the earth - but he has got a damn good circle of colleagues whom he listens to. I wish they would just admit that they are scared that there is actually a Republican president with a higher than average return in the polls. I am tired of hearing Bush and Cheney critcized for thier corporate follies when Clinton was far more dishonest!

Christy

b*tch rocket
I was teasing you Cari! Didn't you catch the wink! :biggrin:

The repeat after me comment was intended for TrueBlue.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Can't stand the heat?

Where do people like "trueblue" or "demsformd" go when they've been out-debated, anyhow?

bitchkitty

Amazing!

I'm watching while everyone sticks their cyber-fingers in their cyber-ears and shouts a collective, "la la la la la!"

And what does Clinton and his penis have to do with Bush paying off his cronies? You guys kill me. Allow me to enlighten you:

Clinton is no longer President, more's the pity. Get over it, move on.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Amazing!

Originally posted by bitchkitty
I'm watching while everyone sticks their cyber-fingers in their cyber-ears and shouts a collective, "la la la la la!"

And what does Clinton and his penis have to do with Bush paying off his cronies? You guys kill me. Allow me to enlighten you:

Clinton is no longer President, more's the pity. Get over it, move on.

OH FOR CRAP SAKE!!!

Yet another newbie blasting in...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Amazing!

Originally posted by cattitude

OH FOR CRAP SAKE!!!

Cat, I love you too! I love everyone today! :kiss:

Will you newbies please SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE today. Geezus!

bitchkitty

Re: Re: Amazing!

Originally posted by cattitude

OH FOR CRAP SAKE!!!

Newbies are bad? Or you're just not open to other people's opinions? If I were a card-carrying member of the Bush Was Sent by God club, what would you call me?

Hello to you too.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: Re: Amazing!

Newbies are bad? Or you're just not open to other people's opinions? If I were a card-carrying member of the Bush Was Sent by God club, what would you call me?

My fiancee'???

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Amazing!

Hello to you too.

Actually kitty kat we do like newbies. We like them a lot. They taste like chicken.

I've never seen anyone on here have a problem with a newbie, even one with a different opinion. We just don't like it when you hop on rekindling old threads like this one with CRAP!!! :weak:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Warm welcome to you.

You are not all bad - and no - in fact we welcome differing opinions here. If we were all sitting around saying the same thing and agreeing - this would be a pretty boring forum!!

But can you come in a wee bit less explosive next time? Don't expect rudeness to be answered with thanks for your opinion (even if it is wrong :rolleyes: )

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Actually kitty kat we do like newbies. We like them a lot. They taste like chicken.

I've never seen anyone on here have a problem with a newbie, even one with a different opinion. We just don't like it when you hop on rekindling old threads like this one with CRAP!!! :weak:
:lmao: Good one Pixie :lol:

BTW... I used to have a cat with the exact same name. She went off into the woods and died.