PDA

View Full Version : Partying this Weekend?

KaZamm1061
02-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Well i havent seen DJSLVER in awhile but i was tasked and called by a certain Club, That i wont mention, To Dj there. It was once good place to dance and have fun. BUT Now it gets better. Its somewhere in piney point and well if your just lloking for a place to dance and meet, Come on down. Id like to meet some of you FOURM Junkies and other Chatters. TOP 40 Dance, R&B, Oldies, and a few slow songs for your loved ones. Im sure someone will know what place im talking about and post the name. I wont. hehehehehe Anyway Friday and Saturady night. Ill be there both nights.

butterfly
02-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Hey i might see ya there!!

KaZamm1061
02-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Great, Looking to get some bands there on saturdays starting next week, If anyone has a suggestion please feel free to email me the bands name and number and ill get them in if they are good. Flipswitch is one of the bands im trying to get booked.Hey DEE JAY please email me about advertizing on the bar calender i spoke with the owner today and he is willing to subscribe to get posted on the listing.

butterfly
02-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Flipswitch is a good band. #What about Lennox? #I saw them play at Monk's a few weeks ago.

JabbaJawz
02-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Lennox is awesome!!  They're at Catamarans quite a bit and I always enjoy them!  Flipswitch has quite a clan of groupies developed, lots of my friends included, haha, and if you can get them you're sure to have a busy night!!  I haven't seen them yet but hear they're good also!

KaZamm1061
02-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Yeh lennox is another good band. Hey listen to this i just found out that Swans said that if flipswitch or any other band plays at OCI that they are no longer welcome to play there. How lame is that. You would think it would bring them business also. it brings people to piney point. I would never say anything like that if i owned that bar. I would love it. It just brings people to the bars to enjoy themselfs. Go firgure. Anyway we'll see what happens.

SxyPrincess
02-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Has anyone every heard Crushing Day???  They regulate an awesome show at Seacrets in O.C.

RoseRed
02-22-2002, 09:29 AM
I have heard of them but can't place anything off the top of my head.

But I love going to Seacrets when in OC.

tipsy mcgee
02-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Crushing Day is one of the best bands in the state.  You can catch them locally once in a great while.  I saw them at Neptune's last fall and have seen them up at the Decoy Lounge, but they pretty much stay in the Baltimore area, and in Ocean City in the summer.  They used to be at the Hurricane every Sat. night, but don't know if that's the same this year.  They released a CD of their own last fall, too.  I remember one good song they played at Neptunes that was on it, but haven't seen it in stores.  They do great covers of modern and alternative rock.

SxyPrincess
02-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Another great cover band is Bliss.  They frequented Waldorf a few times last summer.  I happened to catch them at Spectator's a while back.  They were great!  :guitar:  :getdown:

RoseRed
02-25-2002, 01:18 PM
According to Neptune's website, Crushing Day is supposed to be playing this Saturday night.

KaZamm1061
02-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Okay peoples this is the deal. I will be the dj this friday at OCI then i have NO BRAINERS PLAYING SAT NIGHT. two bands for the price of one. The NO BRAINERS and BRIAN STEW BAND. come on down and check them out. Also im getting a couple of bands set up in the coming weeks from Baltimore. Ill keep you posted. The no brainers website is WWW.THENOBRAINERS.COM

KaZamm1061
02-26-2002, 04:49 PM
Okay peoples this is the deal. I will be the dj this friday at OCI then i have NO BRAINERS PLAYING SAT NIGHT. two bands for the price of one. The NO BRAINERS and BRIAN STEW BAND. come on down and check them out. Also im getting a couple of bands set up in the coming weeks from Baltimore. Ill keep you posted. The no brainers website is WWW.THENOBRAINERS.COM

SxyPrincess
02-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Way to go, Kaz! Did Silver quit or what?  Good Luck!

KaZamm1061
02-26-2002, 05:15 PM
Yes he did, He has been gone now for awhile since the last time me and you went. I am djing there now on fridays and have been now for about three weeks. You should stop by. I dont think you will though but it was a thought. Call me sometime.

SxyPrincess
02-26-2002, 05:17 PM
I'm full of surprises!

KaZamm1061
02-26-2002, 06:06 PM
yes you are and i Know from experience. I would like to see you. Too be honest with ya I miss you. if you have the number call me sometime. I emailed you last week but didnt get a response.

RoseRed
02-27-2002, 11:08 AM
A friend of mine saw them both last weekend at Harbour Sounds and said they were great.  And looking at the pix on their web site, she had fun too!

Sticks
02-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Hell, I think I might go.

RoseRed
02-27-2002, 01:45 PM
I think I may hit Neptune's and see Crushing Day, heard good things about them.  Let's hope I can get a sitter!

tipsy mcgee
02-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Rose, i checked the crushing day website and it says they are playing somewhere else this saturday.  Might want to call Neptune's and double check.  I don't see them going there the whole month of March.  Their site is crushingday.com if you want to look.

RoseRed
02-27-2002, 02:21 PM
Thanks Tipsy, I better call, because its on the Neptune's website.....

http://www.neptunesclubandgrille.com/coe.asp

tipsy mcgee
02-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Rose, you might want to double check that with a phone call or something.  The crushing day website (crushingday.com) says they are somewhere else this weekend, and are not at Neptune's for the entire month of March.

RoseRed
02-27-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, their web site is wrong.  I called and its another band (which I have forgotten already) :duh

I mentioned that they may want to update it.

Maybe we'll have to check out OCI then.....

KaZamm1061
02-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Well we have The No Brainers playing saturday night and another band will be playing with them in between thier sets. Not sure who they are as The No Brainers are bringing them with them for us to hear. Who knows they might surprise ya. Stop on by. Check it out. Hope to see ya

RoseRed
02-28-2002, 06:33 AM
We have a sitter, so we'll be out and about, we'll try and stop by.  Anyone else going to go?

butterfly
02-28-2002, 09:16 AM
I will try to get over.  What kind of music do these bands play?

KaZamm1061
02-28-2002, 09:22 AM
These are cover bands and they play just about everything. Linkin Park, Staind,Nirvana etc. Cover bands meaning playing popular music not thier own..

butterfly
02-28-2002, 09:25 AM
Cool, I'll be there.  I have another stupid question. Where is OCI?  I have only lived in this area for a year and I live in Ridge.

KaZamm1061
02-28-2002, 09:30 AM
Great Mills Road to Route 5 make right go about 2 -3 miles make left on route 249 at the gas station  and follow it down about10 miles look on the right for oci. Its right across the street fro Harry Lundenburg School Of Seamanship. you cant miss it.

KaZamm1061
03-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Im glad some of you showed up. It was a big turnout for the first Band. BTW the second band that played last night, BRAIN STEW who played with NO BRAINERS will be playing this saturday march 9th fo rthose interested. Check them out, They play the same stuff that flipswitch plays and they have an awsome sax player. He rocked last night. Check him out if you get a chance..

sreese77
03-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Check out Flipswitch tonight, 3/16, at Neptunes.  If you go, say what's up
to the bass player Sean, he is extremely hot.

DoWhat
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by KaZamm1061
yes you are and i Know from experience. I would like to see you. Too be honest with ya I miss you. if you have the number call me sometime. I emailed you last week but didnt get a response.
Did she ever call ya?