Call To “Arrest Dallas Cops Who Used Robot To Kill Suspect” .....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
http://therightists.com/prof-elizabeth-joh-calls-to-arrest-dallas-cops-who-used-robot-to-kill-suspect/

"For what experts are calling the first time in history, US police have used a robot in a show of lethal force. Early Friday morning, Dallas police used a bomb-disposal robot with an explosive device on its manipulator arm to kill a suspect after five police officers were murdered and seven others wounded. “We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was,” Dallas police chief David Brown told reporters.

On the other hand, left-wing law professor at the University of California at Davis disagrees with the manner in which police officers “chose” to eliminate the threat. “I refuse to believe that blowing the poor man up was the only available course of action,” she argued. “Surely there must have been other options that could have been utilized, especially since today’s technology is so advanced that preserving the life of a suspect is likely possible regardless of the circumstances in which the threat needs to be eliminated.”

“Now, a distinction needs to be made here in that I’m not saying that the shooter should have been allowed to continue killing police officers. It goes without saying that the safety of the public outweighs the safety of a suspected criminal. On the other hand, the men responsible for making the decision to use a robot fitted with explosives, as well as the officers who were in charge of the actual realization of the idea need to be punished. They need to suffer legal consequences of their actions because this type of idea is the last thing we need, as it can easily be replicated by other members of law enforcement,” the professor argued in an interview with The Guardian. ".....>

littlelady

God bless the USA
I hope a robot with a bomb enters Ms. Joh's office at Berkley, Davis. That will 'teach her'. She is just as scary and awful as the shooter himself.

officeguy

On the other hand, left-wing law professor at the University of California at Davis disagrees with the manner in which police officers “chose” to eliminate the threat. “I refuse to believe that blowing the poor man up was the only available course of action,” she argued. “Surely there must have been other options that could have been utilized, especially since today’s technology is so advanced that preserving the life of a suspect is likely possible regardless of the circumstances in which the threat needs to be eliminated.”

Yes, something like an anti-tank missile would have been another technically advanced option.

I thought blowing him up was a nice touch.

Hijinx

I refuse to believe that blowing the poor man up was the only available course of action,” she argued.

She means the poor man who murdered 5 men in cold blood wounded others and would have shot more if he had the chance.

Not the hate filled racist Mother trucker who is so obviously her hero.

Hard to believe there are people like this in the world, but yes, in Berkely Kalifornia these people do exist.

P.S. If they had blown up a white man in a similar situation she would be dancing in the street.

limblips

PREMO Member
Wife called this day one. She has also stated that it is only a matter of time before someone (or group) defends this as PTSD as a result of his Afghanistan tour instead of the hate crime it was. It appears they are already backing away from "hate crime".

Tech

Yes, something like an anti-tank missile would have been another technically advanced option.

I thought blowing him up was a nice touch.

Well, they do have those grenade launchers attached to those assualt rifles according to some libtard article.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They need to develop some more advanced delivery systems so that the robot does not get hurt when they blast the scum away.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
http://therightists.com/prof-elizabeth-joh-calls-to-arrest-dallas-cops-who-used-robot-to-kill-suspect/

"For what experts are calling the first time in history, US police have used a robot in a show of lethal force. Early Friday morning, Dallas police used a bomb-disposal robot with an explosive device on its manipulator arm to kill a suspect after five police officers were murdered and seven others wounded. “We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was,” Dallas police chief David Brown told reporters.

“Now, a distinction needs to be made here in that I’m not saying that the shooter should have been allowed to continue killing police officers. It goes without saying that the safety of the public outweighs the safety of a suspected criminal. On the other hand, the men responsible for making the decision to use a robot fitted with explosives, as well as the officers who were in charge of the actual realization of the idea need to be punished. They need to suffer legal consequences of their actions because this type of idea is the last thing we need, as it can easily be replicated by other members of law enforcement,” the professor argued in an interview with The Guardian. ".....>

I think the guy who came up with this innovative idea should get a bonus in his next check.

Bonehead

Why not mount some sort of "black rifle" on a drone, video too. Remotely operated trigger, couldn't be too hard to do. Less messy than explosives.

Hijinx

I think the guy who came up with this innovative idea should get a bonus in his next check.

I'm with you. This guy killed 5 police officers, wounded 6, and may have killed more in his death wish for suicide by cop.
Blow his ass to hell and save the cost of a trial .

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Why not mount some sort of "black rifle" on a drone, video too. Remotely operated trigger, couldn't be too hard to do. Less messy than explosives.
They have shotguns that go on these, but I liked the "bad guy go boom" aspect of this.

Tech

He most likely was barricaded and the bot may not have been able to get a clear shot. You just had to get close enough then BLaM. Wonder what happen to the bot.

BOP

I'm a little surprised Ms Joh didn't suggest a hash-tag campaign to try and get the poor, misunderstood, alleged perp to surrender.

Hijinx

I'm a little surprised Ms Joh didn't suggest a hash-tag campaign to try and get the poor, misunderstood, alleged perp to surrender.

I wonder what she would have used if she were outside the perps door, he had just killed 5 people was armed and had a bomb, and she had to go in and get him.

So now a precedent has been set for using a robot (in the relate-able sense, not a flying drone or something) to kill a human. Not going to get into whether it was justified or not, it happened.

Many years ago, the 3 Laws of Robotics were developed.
Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Granted, this was not a self-aware AI robot, and as such, cannot be held to these 3 laws. But I see a time coming where based on the above precedent, that developers of AI robots will be forced to add code to ignore these laws when convenient for humans.

This does not bode well for the future of AI, self-aware robots. Reminds me of the movie I, Robot.

edinsomd

So now a precedent has been set for using a robot (in the relate-able sense, not a flying drone or something) to kill a human. Not going to get into whether it was justified or not, it happened.

Many years ago, the 3 Laws of Robotics were developed.

Granted, this was not a self-aware AI robot, and as such, cannot be held to these 3 laws. But I see a time coming where based on the above precedent, that developers of AI robots will be forced to add code to ignore these laws when convenient for humans.

This does not bode well for the future of AI, self-aware robots. Reminds me of the movie I, Robot.

Skynet grins.:evil: