Is there a Doctor in the house?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Something bit me the other day and for the last few days I've had pain in my joints. Especially my left shoulder, sometimes it moves down my arm and into my hands. The bite doens't look bad at all. That's why I didn't put 2 and 2 together until last night. :rolleyes: Anyway, has this happened to anyone? I'm wondering how long I'll be hurting. Thanks!

Mrs. Jones said:
Something bit me the other day and for the last few days I've had pain in my joints. Especially my left shoulder, sometimes it moves down my arm and into my hands. The bite doens't look bad at all. That's why I didn't put 2 and 2 together until last night. :rolleyes: Anyway, has this happened to anyone? I'm wondering how long I'll be hurting. Thanks!
Cut off the arm?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mrs. Jones, call your doctor!!! Right now! Poisonous bites are nothing to mess around with.

So quit reading this and pick up the phone!!!

K

Kizzy

Mrs. Jones said:

It shouldn't hurt much longer, I think you usually fall asleep and never wake up after the joints start hurting.

K

Kizzy

Nice, I would have been post #2 but the phone interrupted me. Shesh, they must think I work here or something. :duh:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I had a bite a couple of weeks ago, on my thigh, I had red streaks coming out of it running up my leg, had a black blue and red spot about 3 inches around. didn't feel too good

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Wouldn't the bite look all purple and nasty if it was a poisoness spider (brown recluse or black widow)? It looks like a misquito bite. I did do some research and it said that all spider bites are toxic some people are just more alergic to the toxin. :ohwell: I have the big K_Jo wedding tomorrow. :frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mrs. Jones said:
I have the big K_Jo wedding tomorrow.
Then you better get your butt on the phone to the doctor, right? Cause it would spoil K_Jo's wedding if you die in the middle of it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Sounds like cellulitus (sp?) to me. That's where an infected bug bite you and you are having a reaction. It usually isn't too serious, but you will need medication to get better or it will get much worse. Your doctor will probably want to draw a vial or two of blood to rule anything else, such as lyme disease, out. But even lyme disease can be treated successfully if caught early enough. So here's the advice - call your doctor NOW. Either scenerio can have a positive outcome but ONLY if you seek treatment ASAP.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
OK OK I called and got VOICE MAIL.

My son had lyme disease. I'm pretty sure it's not that, he had headaches and joint swelling.
Did I mention the bite is on my left boob? !!! I really didn't want to have to show it to one of those young male doctors. :whistle:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
migtig said:
Sounds like cellulitus (sp?) to me. That's where an infected bug bite you and you are having a reaction. It usually isn't too serious, but you will need medication to get better or it will get much worse. Your doctor will probably want to draw a vial or two of blood to rule anything else, such as lyme disease, out. But even lyme disease can be treated successfully if caught early enough. So here's the advice - call your doctor NOW. Either scenerio can have a positive outcome but ONLY if you seek treatment ASAP.

hmmmm maybe I should have called

Pete

Repete
Mrs. Jones said:

My son had lyme disease. I'm pretty sure it's not that, he had headaches and joint swelling.
Did I mention the bite is on my left boob? !!! I really didn't want to have to show it to one of those young male doctors. :whistle:
PM Kwillia and have her set up an appointment. I am a Doctor. :yay:

Steve

Enjoying life!
RoseRed said:
Lyme's Disease?

My daughter had Lyme. This doesn't sound the same. How long ago was the bite? Lyme effects take weeks to develop. Did you have a red, circular rash that expanded across your skin from the central bite, in a more-or-less ring pattern, like a moving wave? This rash would be very noticable, and exhibit only color. No bumps, or itching, etc. If you suspect Lyme, or a doctor does diagnose it as such, let me know; there is ONLY ONE PLACE you want to go for treatment around here.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Mrs. Jones said:

Go to Urgent Care if you don't hear back from your doctor soon. And it's just your boob with a bug bite - not a boob covered in honey and whipped cream.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Steve said:
Okay, I'll shut up now. :ohwell:
:flowers: No, I appreciate it. I know you guys went through that ordeal too. We ended up at Children's in the middle of the night and he had emergency surgery to drain the bacteria from his knees. Poor little guy was only 4. :sad: