Local Gym with Indoor Pool?

D

dems4me

Does anyone know of a gym around here that has an indoor pool? I love swimming and its soo healthy and burns lots of fat and calories and I'm getting back into shape this year. I would like to go swiming and to this gym everyday on my way home from work... does a gym like this exist anywhere local in Charles County? Does anyone know what the fees are?

morganj614

dems4me said:
Does anyone know of a gym around here that has an indoor pool? I love swimming and its soo healthy and burns lots of fat and calories and I'm getting back into shape this year. I would like to go swiming and to this gym everyday on my way home from work... does a gym like this exist anywhere local in Charles County? Does anyone know what the fees are?

Doesn't St. Mary's College let people swim there?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:
One of the high schools in Charles County has an indoor gym that I think is open to the private if it's not in use by the students. My little sister is on the swim team at McDonough, but they travel Lackey (I think) for practices.

D

dems4me

thanks... but I didn't exactly get my answer :ohwell: I don't need an indoor pool for during the summer, nor do I need an instructor, etc... Ijust want to do laps. I have no idea where the college of Southern MD is in LaPlata, nor do I know what hours they have or anything :crazy: :frown: Sorry I asked :frown: I was just wondering if there is an indoor pool that is

1) not on base
2) open until 9:00pm
3) local
4) reasonable priced membership

is all. :ohwell:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
dems4me said:
thanks... but I didn't exactly get my answer :ohwell: I don't need an indoor pool for during the summer, nor do I need an instructor, etc... Ijust want to do laps. I have no idea where the college of Southern MD is in LaPlata, nor do I know what hours they have or anything :crazy: :frown: Sorry I asked :frown: I was just wondering if there is an indoor pool that is

1) not on base
3) local

The public pool on Great Mills Road is an indoor pool right now and you are able to do laps. Not sure on the time of it being open, but the price isn't bad at all. I do not think there is a gym here in st mary's with a pool..

dems4me said:

1) not on base
3) local

Admit it... you are baiting me with this post, aren't you...:cussing:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Admit it... you are baiting me with this post, aren't you...:cussing:

No :shrug: :confused:

No bait or hooks here - just trying to find an indoor pool that I can swim around in during the winter. I'm dieting and losing weight. :shrug:

Thanks for the advice folks, I'm not sure where Great Mills school is or anything listed but it has given me a few places to look up and look into! Thanks!! :huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
I have no idea where the college of Southern MD is in LaPlata, nor do I know what hours they have or anything :crazy: :frown:
Look here and quit whining. If you attempt to list all the things you don't know, you'll crash the servers.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:

No bait or hooks here - just trying to find an indoor pool that I can swim around in during the winter. I'm dieting and losing weight. :shrug:

Thanks for the advice folks, I'm not sure where Great Mills school is or anything listed but it has given me a few places to look up and look into! Thanks!! :huggy:
Stop by a gas on your way home and purchase a map. :yay:

morganj614

jwwb2000 said:
The public pool on Great Mills Road is an indoor pool right now and you are able to do laps. Not sure on the time of it being open, but the price isn't bad at all. I do not think there is a gym here in st mary's with a pool..

I know we went out of Charles County but I figured if she really wanted to swim, she wouldn't mind the drive.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
dems4me said:

On Great Mills Road is where the pool is located.........Do you know where Great Mills Road is :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
Dur
Since you live in Charles County, why not search for Charles County Dept. of parks and Recreation and see what they have available.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Dems... you having trouble getting your search button back from Mark's Electronics...:confused:

Oh crap... nevermind... I didn't know I'd have to get a form filled out by my Health Care Provider,etc... I just wanted to go for some laps at the end of the day.

Thanks for the link aps ... I have bookmarked the Wellness Center in LaPlata if I ever have such a dim-witted whim to get in shape again. :frown:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Dur
Since you live in Charles County, why not search for Charles County Dept. of parks and Recreation and see what they have available.

Thanks! Another handy link!! :clap: