Groundhogs!

girliegirl

How do you keep them from your garden? We have tried digging 6 inches into the ground and placing the fence in an "L" shape pointed away from the garden, we have tried other "home" remedies and nothing is working! We are about to lose everything we have worked so hard to grow! But at the same time I am not spending a million bucks to keep them out...My guy prefers to rid them with his own version of groundhog repellant, involving a fast moving bullet, but you have to see them first and they only seem to come out during the day and early afternoon before we get home. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! :confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
aps45819 said:
or dump your cat's litter box around the perimeter.

My cat only makes ghost turds now. I don't need a litter box. But I did bury him on the perimeter.

nomoney

they should be coming out early evening right before dark when its cooler I would think....best way is to just shoot em....gotta sit and wait.

girliegirl

nomoney said:
they should be coming out early evening right before dark when its cooler I would think....best way is to just shoot em....gotta sit and wait.
Thanks...That is what he has been doing, but of course they haven't been seen since that first night we caught it in the garden and it ran off. But the night before last it came sometime while we were at work and mowed down a whole row of peas.

Vince

Hunted groundhog every weekend as a kid. Your hubby better have something bigger than a .22 cal to kill it. A .22 just makes them jump. For eating...they are very greasy and you have to know how to cook em. :biggrin:

girliegirl said:
But the night before last it came sometime while we were at work and mowed down a whole row of peas.
Dang it... that's what the heck happened to my pea plants...they were fine and growing and then WHAMO...:tantrum:

Bud

Fire!
Vince said:
Hunted groundhog every weekend as a kid. Your hubby better have something bigger than a .22 cal to kill it. A .22 just makes them jump. For eating...they are very greasy and you have to know how to cook em. :biggrin:

Serious? I would think a .22 could do the job. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Chasey_Lane said:
They have cute butts and I like watching them scurry across the yard. :biggrin:

I love the little ground pigs. I want to hold one. Of course I know I'd have no fingers left. :lol:

Vince

Bud said:
Serious? I would think a .22 could do the job. :shrug:
Not unless you get a head shot up close. We were shooting across corn fields. A .22 just makes them jump. Used a .22-250 or .222.