Project Linus

camily

Peace
I just wanted to make people aware of this organization. I have been hearing about them and decided to hit them with an email about Celie. They said she is a perfect candidate! They make blankets for sick or traumatized kids. They are tailor making a quilt just for Celie. They asked me what kind of things she likes and asked a few things about her. I am so excited for her to be getting one! It will be great for her to have to take to the hospital when she is sick.
Here's a link to their page. http://www.projectlinus.org/index.shtml

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My grandmother was very involved with them for years before passing away just recently. She donated hundreds & hundreds of afghans (sp) to the organization, and often times received letters of of praise/thank you from the children they went to.

:yahoo:

camily

Peace
I got another email from them this morning. They are having a blanket day in LaPlata on the 17th and asked if I could come and bring Celie. She said there would be hundreds of quilts there for her to choose from. She said they would love to meet one of the kids their blankets go to. I am really looking forward to it!

camily

Peace
She's sick again now. Been battling a fever of 103 all weekend. Going to the doc today probably.

camily

Peace
RoseRed said:
How and why does your daughter qualify?
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/tubularacidosis/
She has a very rare kidney condition called Renal Tubular Acidosis (they think she has type1 distal). It causes a host of problems if not controlled which we do through medication that she receives 3 times a day. There is a chance her kidneys could "learn" to function properly or it may be a condition she has for life. She is hospitalized frequently as any little bug that normally does not affect kids seriously takes her down fast, often requiring IV fluids and her meds intravenously as well.

rack'm

Jaded
camily said:
She has a very rare kidney condition called Renal Tubular Acidosis (they think she has type1 distal). It causes a host of problems if not controlled which we do through medication that she receives 3 times a day. There is a chance her kidneys could "learn" to function properly or it may be a condition she has for life. She is hospitalized frequently as any little bug that normally does not affect kids seriously takes her down fast, often requiring IV fluids and her meds intravenously as well.

Is she feeling better or did you have to go to the doctors??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
camily said:

Best of luck to your little Miss. :yay:

camily

Peace
rack'm said:
Is she feeling better or did you have to go to the doctors??
She is sleeping right now. I thought we had it beat but it came back. She was 101.1 at last check. I haven't gone yet but I have a feeling we might end up in the ER later. Calling the doctor as I type.

rack'm

Jaded
camily said:
She is sleeping right now. I thought we had it beat but it came back. She was 101.1 at last check. I haven't gone yet but I have a feeling we might end up in the ER later. Calling the doctor as I type.

Good luck lady. :huggy:

camily

Peace
rack'm said:
Good luck lady. :huggy:
I just got off the phone. They said I could bring her in tomorrow at 10:00. WTF?? I always have to explain to the receptionist what the deal is with her. I am waiting for the doctor to call me back now. Really, I can't blame the receptionist because I must sound like an idiot. "Hello, my daughter Celie has a fever and blah blah blah". Any mother would know how to handle a fever. I have to go into the whole routine. Then she just says, "I'll leave a message for the doctor to call you." LOL

rack'm

Jaded
camily said:
I just got off the phone. They said I could bring her in tomorrow at 10:00. WTF?? I always have to explain to the receptionist what the deal is with her. I am waiting for the doctor to call me back now. Really, I can't blame the receptionist because I must sound like an idiot. "Hello, my daughter Celie has a fever and blah blah blah". Any mother would know how to handle a fever. I have to go into the whole routine. Then she just says, "I'll leave a message for the doctor to call you." LOL

Have you ever tried to Immediate care??

camily

Peace
rack'm said:
In Charlotte Hall they have an Immediate Care Unit.....you can go there instead of the ER. It's MUCH faster!! :yay::yay:
Ok, I thought that was what you meant. Her doctors usually send her to Children's because of the RTA. She usually needs alot of blood tests and IV's. Thanks for the thought though, but urgent care places would just send her on down the road because they are not familiar with RTA. Heck, Civista doesn't even carry her Bicitra there.

camily said:
Ok, I thought that was what you meant. Her doctors usually send her to Children's because of the RTA. She usually needs alot of blood tests and IV's. Thanks for the thought though, but urgent care places would just send her on down the road because they are not familiar with RTA. Heck, Civista doesn't even carry her Bicitra there.

Civista couldn't heal a scrape! :rolleyes:

:huggy: Hope the little one feels better soon!

camily

Peace
CableChick said:
Civista couldn't heal a scrape! :rolleyes:

:huggy: Hope the little one feels better soon!
She seems to be feeling better. We have an 8:00 appointment though. Her pediatrician called and wants to see her just to be sure.