finger caught in can :(

J

jp2854

I don't know how i did it but i got my first finger on left hand caught in a can of garbonzo beans (the can was empty). I did a job to my finger and tore up a good part of my skin trying to get my finger out please dont laugh its very painful. If I use my finger it starts to bleed so I am minus one finger for now and it really sucks :( and it hurts a lot tylenol is my friend.

J

jp2854

i know its funny but not that funny if it was your finger i bet

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jp2854 said:
i know its funny but not that funny if it was your finger i bet

Some people will just cut to the chase and laugh. Sorry about your luck.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jp2854 said:
I don't know how i did it but i got my first finger on left hand caught in a can of garbonzo beans (the can was empty). I did a job to my finger and tore up a good part of my skin trying to get my finger out please dont laugh its very painful. If I use my finger it starts to bleed so I am minus one finger for now and it really sucks :( and it hurts a lot tylenol is my friend.
I once got my head stuck between two spindles on a porch. Course, I was about 4 at the time.

Pandora

BS Gal said:
I once got my head stuck between two spindles on a porch. Course, I was about 4 at the time.

My son did that when he was 2. It was the LAST time he ever did anything like that. I said, hummm, I don't think I can get you out; we might have to wait until your father gets home. He started bawling.

I waited about 5 minutes or so and got him out.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
RoseRed said:
Did you have to have a tetnus shot?

You know I went to a new local family doc once. She harped on me for not having had a tetnus shot in the past ten years. I'd never heard of this practice but she insisted that you're suppose to have one every ten years. I declined as I'd only heard that you get one if you need one. I didn't really care for her bedside manner and will not be going back to her either. But this thread reminded me of it. What say the masses? Tetnus shot every ten years for good measure or just as needed?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
pixiegirl said:
You know I went to a new local family doc once. She harped on me for not having had a tetnus shot in the past ten years. I'd never heard of this practice but she insisted that you're suppose to have one every ten years. I declined as I'd only heard that you get one if you need one. I didn't really care for her bedside manner and will not be going back to her either. But this thread reminded me of it. What say the masses? Tetnus shot every ten years for good measure or just as needed?
I just got one for no other reason than I couldn't remember the last one I had. I think it's a good idea to get one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:

I changed doctor's in January and had a new shot. I had my last one about 8-9 years ago. With the new shot, they also inoculate against purtussis(sp?) (whooping cough) since it is making a comeback. Better to be safe than sorry.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
Tetnus shot every ten years for good measure or just as needed?
They're only good for ten years, just as rabies shots :)lol:) expire every few years. Even if you did have one w/in the last ten years, you would still have to get another if you stepped on a rusty nail. I say don't bother with them unless you need it. :shrug:

nomoney

Pandora said:
My son did that when he was 2. It was the LAST time he ever did anything like that. I said, hummm, I don't think I can get you out; we might have to wait until your father gets home. He started bawling.

I waited about 5 minutes or so and got him out.

I have two boys, and they've been stuck behind the toilet, in grocery carts, and in the stair banister more then once. :banghead:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
They're only good for ten years, just as rabies shots :)lol:) expire every few years. Even if you did have one w/in the last ten years, you would still have to get another if you stepped on a rusty nail. I say don't bother with them unless you need it. :shrug:

I am vacinated against rabies and Hep C (I think it's C?) I worked at a dcotor's office when I was 19-20ish and had to have the Hep vac and then the rabbies at the vet's office.

I need a good female doctor in the area. Dr. Batong in Lusby gets two thumbs way down for her bedside manner.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
jp2854 said:

I can sympathize with your finger pain...back in January I sliced off the entire top of my “I love you” index finger. I was using a mandolin vegetable slicer to cut up an onion and wasn’t using the guard - I know, totally my own stupid fault. Even now almost three months later, the top of my index finger is very sensitive.