finger caught in can :(

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
pixiegirl said:
You know I went to a new local family doc once. She harped on me for not having had a tetnus shot in the past ten years. I'd never heard of this practice but she insisted that you're suppose to have one every ten years. I declined as I'd only heard that you get one if you need one. I didn't really care for her bedside manner and will not be going back to her either. But this thread reminded me of it. What say the masses? Tetnus shot every ten years for good measure or just as needed?
What medical school did you go to? :shrug: Would you deny your children preventative meds because of something you heard or didn't hear?

nomoney

kom526 said:
What medical school did you go to? :shrug: Would you deny your children preventative meds because of something you heard or didn't hear?

where did she say anything about her kids? She's asking for an answer to her question, not telling anyone not to get one every 10 years. :duh:

J

jp2854

if you need a good female doctor i used Dr. Schmidt over in stmarys and shes good and she has good bedside manners too. I didnt open a rusty can so I shall be ok. And to answer the other ladies question yes all the garbonzos were out of the can and so was the juice i was going to put it in the trash and got it stuck :(.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jp2854 said:
if you need a good female doctor i used Dr. Schmidt over in stmarys and shes good and she has good bedside manners too. I didnt open a rusty can so I shall be ok. And to answer the other ladies question yes all the garbonzos were out of the can and so was the juice i was going to put it in the trash and got it stuck :(.
Was this a pop top can, like a beer can kind of thing?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
nomoney said:
where did she say anything about her kids? She's asking for an answer to her question, not telling anyone not to get one every 10 years. :duh:
Her Dr. gave her an answer to her question-->every ten years. The part about her kids was a hypothetical question.:duh:

nomoney

kom526 said:
Her Dr. gave her an answer to her question-->every ten years. The part about her kids was a hypothetical question.:duh:

So I take it that you take word for word what one dr says to you without asking for any second opinions? :confused:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jp2854 said:
no it was the kind you use a can opener on.
Well, that's just wierd, since the opening is so big........Do you have really, really, really fat fingers or something? Like man-hands?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
You know I went to a new local family doc once. She harped on me for not having had a tetnus shot in the past ten years. I'd never heard of this practice but she insisted that you're suppose to have one every ten years. I declined as I'd only heard that you get one if you need one. I didn't really care for her bedside manner and will not be going back to her either. But this thread reminded me of it. What say the masses? Tetnus shot every ten years for good measure or just as needed?
I've heard the every ten years thing, but I don't know when I last had mine. Probably more than ten years ago. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kom526 said:

stfu. What medical school did you go to? I'm not denying anybody anything you moron. This certainly wasn't the first freaking doctor I'd been to in the last ten years yet was the only one to suggest I need a tetnus shot just because I hadn't had one in many years. Funny that my last family doc that had been my doc for oh like 10 years or so never suggested such. I was asking other opinions on the matter.

Want my professional medical opinion on your condion? Get your head outa your ass. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kom526 said:

I didn't ask the dr a thing. She asked me when the last time I has one was and I told her I didn't recall. She then began to chastice me and tell me that I needed to have one every ten years which I have never been told before. Got it?

J

jp2854

no actually i have really small hands. I dont know how I did it. I just hope to never do it again.

K

Katie

I have gotten tetanus every 10 years.

The last shot I had was back in 2000 when I decided to go wreck diving and got a 6 inch cut on leg from a large piece of the wreck. That was with a wetsuit on also.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
nomoney said:
I have two boys, and they've been stuck behind the toilet, in grocery carts, and in the stair banister more then once. :banghead:

How did they get the grocery cart and toilet in the banister?

Geek

pixiegirl said:
I didn't ask the dr a thing. She asked me when the last time I has one was and I told her I didn't recall. She then began to chastice me and tell me that I needed to have one every ten years which I have never been told before. Got it?

Pixie types with boxing gloves on :lmao:

01mds10

i took my dogs collars off of them once and ran accross the electric fence. threw me on my ass. of course that was only last week though. my dad walked outside and was just standing there laughing at me wondering wtf i did to end up laying on the ground.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
01mds10 said:
i took my dogs collars off of them once and ran accross the electric fence. threw me on my ass. of course that was only last week though. my dad walked outside and was just standing there laughing at me wondering wtf i did to end up laying on the ground.
My hubby made all of us put the electric dog collar on so we could feel what the dog would feel when she walked across the invisible fence. I only did it once, though. The dog did it a lot, until she got paranoid and would just sit in the middle of the yard and not move. It was a fun time for our family. We have a lot of fun memories like that. Touching our tongues to batteries, creating a bomb in the back yard and blowing a hole in it the size of a crater, then running inside and hiding in case the neighbors called the POlice. Now, he's teaching me to ride the motorcycle........I'm starting to re-think this entire thing and maybe I'll just get a convertible like I wanted in the first place and give the bike up? Ya THINK?????