Spinning

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
This morning, I'm attending my first spinning class. I'm hoping that I'll fall in love with class (that way I'll keep motivated). Anyone else tried spinning? :popcorn:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Just got back...what a workout!!! Very pleased :huggy: I wanted to find an equivalent to cycling during the winter (Seeing that I have asthma, cold air isn't my friend. Besides, I hate cold weather anyway.)

Daffy

I LOVE spinning!!! I've been doing it for about 3 1/2 years now. Took a little while to get used to the seat but a gel seat cover (available at Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc.) solved that problem. I also have asthma and find it difficult to exercise outdoors in the cold months.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pretty much every...

...class is full in our gym. People walk out of there pretty blown and looking happy.

Haven't tried it yet.

Xandohead

Where do you guys do spinning?

I do it 3-5 times a week at home (I live on the west coast), but I'm in St. Mary's County 5-6 times a year to visit family and attend various business meetings.

I tried spinning at Pro Fitness in the Park earlier this year ... but wondering where else So Md'ers go...

Angel

~*~*~
I use to do the, "Oh My God It's Early", Spin classes at Pro Fitness in Lexington Park. Stacy and Laura are great instructors, but I lost interest in getting up at 4:30 in the morning to attend the classes. I do love spinning though. You will have an ass of steel by the end of a month of doing it. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Angel said:
I use to do the, "Oh My God It's Early", Spin classes at Pro Fitness in Lexington Park. Stacy and Laura are great instructors, but I lost interest in getting up at 4:30 in the morning to attend the classes. I do love spinning though. You will have an ass of steel by the end of a month of doing it. :yay:
I am sitting here trying to figure out what I would do, that I would NOT get paid for, that would cause me to be somewhere regularly at 4:30am...

For my immediate family (my SO and dogs), I'd do it - just hopefully not forever, but not for self-improvement, I don't think... I don't think it'd last long if I tried to, anyways.. :lol:

Angel

~*~*~
virgovictoria said:
I am sitting here trying to figure out what I would do, that I would NOT get paid for, that would cause me to be somewhere regularly at 4:30am...

For my immediate family (my SO and dogs), I'd do it - just hopefully not forever, but not for self-improvement, I don't think... I don't think it'd last long if I tried to, anyways.. :lol:
I did it for almost a year unpaid (other then the buns of steel), but I give props to Stacy and Laura for getting their butts out of bed to teach it. I obviously didn't last, but I tried... :lmao: It's hard to be in a room of perky, exercising enthusiasts, at 5:00 in the am. 4:30 was just the time I had to get up, get ready, and drive to get there in time for the 5 a.m. class. I wanted to smack the perky people. It was so hard not to smack the perky people without the java... :coffee:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Angel said:
I did it for almost a year unpaid (other then the buns of steel), but I give props to Stacy and Laura for getting their butts out of bed to teach it. I obviously didn't last, but I tried... :lmao: It's hard to be in a room of perky, exercising enthusiasts, at 5:00 in the am. 4:30 was just the time I had to get up, get ready, and drive to get there in time for the 5 a.m. class. I wanted to smack the perky people. It was so hard not to smack the perky people without the java... :coffee:
Man, I used to be so into exercising! I think I'm just afraid of the committment. :shrug:

But, or should I say BUTT, kudos to you on past and potential future efforts! :yay:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Starting today, I'm going to try to get back into spinning. A couple friends of mine are joining me. It'll be a nice change :yay:, since I usually exercise by myself. Should be a great stress-releaser!!!

Xandohead

Heading back to St. Mary's for a week around Thanksgiving. Is Pro Fitness still the only gym in the county that has Spinning? Parents live in Mechanicsville. Thanks.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
signora said:
It's a lot different then riding a stationary bike because of the different positions you use during the workout. The worst part is getting use to the seat, but it's a good cardio workout.

You can avoid severe seat pain if you use a gel seat cover. Or for anyone really into spinning/cycling, you can invest in a good pair of padded or gel shorts :yay::yay: