Weekend Getaway

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm looking for rec's on bed & breakfast type places w/in a 2-3 hour drive. Are there any in West Virginia? What about near Shannendoah? This would be a Christmas gift for someone, not that it makes any difference. Nearby shopping/outlets would be a plus, or anything artsy/country stores. Is there anything in Pennsylvania?

THIS would be an AWESOME weekend getaway for the Christmas timeframe. I spent a Memorial weekend there with my mom and sis a couple years ago and it was wonderful! I can only imagine how great it would be all decorated for Christmas!

Last edited:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Found a Bed & Breakfast in West Virginia for you! :cool:

Attachments

• WVBB.jpg
    WVBB.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 140

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
THIS would be an AWESOME weekend getaway for the Christmas timeframe. I spent a Memorial weekend there with my mom and sis a couple years ago and it was wonderful! I can only imagine how great it would be all decorated for Christmas!
How beautiful and that would be perfect for the inlaws! :clap: This is definitely what they're into. Unfortunately, there are no prices listed on the website that I saw, so I'll have to give them a buzz. Thanks!

Chasey_Lane said:
How beautiful and that would be perfect for the inlaws! :clap: This is definitely what they're into. Unfortunately, there are no prices listed on the website that I saw, so I'll have to give them a buzz. Thanks!
You can't go wrong! I highly recommend it!

CandyRain

Chasey_Lane said:
I'm looking for rec's on bed & breakfast type places w/in a 2-3 hour drive. Are there any in West Virginia? What about near Shannendoah? This would be a Christmas gift for someone, not that it makes any difference. Nearby shopping/outlets would be a plus, or anything artsy/country stores. Is there anything in Pennsylvania?

Close and very quaint. :yay:

Five Gables Inn & Spa
209 N. Talbot Street, St. Michaels MD
Phone: 1 877 466 0100 Website: www.fivegables.com
Luxurious guest rooms, A/C, whirlpools, porches, fireplaces. Indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Aved...

I've never been at Christmas but I am guessing the little town is decked for the season.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Chasey_Lane said:

Please let us know what kind of prices they give you for a weekend getaway, my inlaws would also love it..

Thanks

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
sanchezf said:
Please let us know what kind of prices they give you for a weekend getaway, my inlaws would also love it..

Thanks
I called and their room rates range from $160-$420 per night. This does not include state & occupancy tax, so tack on another $10-15 per night.

Here are a few that I was interested in. These rates are per night.

Tavern - $174
One Star - $206
Two Star - $240
Bi-level - $420

Chasey_Lane said:
I called and their room rates range from $160-$420 per night. This does not include state & occupancy tax, so tack on another $10-15 per night.

Here are a few that I was interested in. These rates are per night.

Tavern - $174
One Star - $206
Two Star - $240
Bi-level - $420
Keep in mind the Christmas timeframe is premium travel time. Any place worth going is going to be expensive.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Keep in mind the Christmas timeframe is premium travel time. Any place worth going is going to be expensive.
This is going to be a Christmas gift and I doubt they'll take advantage of it right away. They'll probably wait until the weather is warmer, or at least that's what I'm thinking.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The Bavarian Inn-Shepherdstown WV. Two thumbs up, excellent food rooms overlooking the Potomac River.

Try B&B's for more info.