Weekend Getaway

dustin

UAIOE
Chasey_Lane said:
I called and their room rates range from $160-$420 per night. This does not include state & occupancy tax, so tack on another $10-15 per night.

Here are a few that I was interested in. These rates are per night.

Tavern - $174
One Star - $206
Two Star - $240
Bi-level - $420
You could just give them the money with a bunch of brochures... :lol:

Chasey_Lane said:
I'm looking for rec's on bed & breakfast type places w/in a 2-3 hour drive. Are there any in West Virginia? What about near Shannendoah? This would be a Christmas gift for someone, not that it makes any difference. Nearby shopping/outlets would be a plus, or anything artsy/country stores. Is there anything in Pennsylvania?

Hubby and I stayed here two years ago in the Cottage on the Hill (Gabriels Room):
http://www.vauclusespring.com/

The place was awesome. It's off the beaten path (literally). It's near Skyline Dr and a few local towns. They even have a drive-in movie theatre down the street.

I loved that place and hope to go back someday. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kom526 said:
The Bavarian Inn-Shepherdstown WV. Two thumbs up, excellent food rooms overlooking the Potomac River.

Try B&B's for more info.

:yay: Fabulous German restaurant. I've never stayed at the Inn but have heard wonderful things about the accommodations.

Another place I love is Berkeley Springs, WV. Spas, arts & crafts, shopping, and dining to die for. If you go to eat, make sure you go to Tari's Cafe. Spectacular food with a great personable owner and beautiful displays of artwork that are for sale.

Catch a movie at the Star Theater, a neat restored old-timey movie house. All sorts of festivals all throughout the year, including the upcoming Apple Butter Festival in October.

nyte-angel82

Chasey_Lane said:
I'm looking for rec's on bed & breakfast type places w/in a 2-3 hour drive. Are there any in West Virginia? What about near Shannendoah? This would be a Christmas gift for someone, not that it makes any difference. Nearby shopping/outlets would be a plus, or anything artsy/country stores. Is there anything in Pennsylvania?

Well shennadoah is beautiful. I'd also highly suggest the Poconos. Here's a decent link on travel resorts, etc. http://www.poconosbest.com/