Lake Anna

rack'm

Jaded
Large man made lake in Va........nuclear power plant at one end with good fishing and TOO many pleasure boaters.

sockgirl77

rack'm said:
Large man made lake in Va........nuclear power plant at one end with good fishing and TOO many pleasure boaters.
Is it scenic and peaceful during the winter time? I've been googling pics, but nothing.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
rack'm said:

And a couple wineries which make the excessive powerboaters tolerable if you're stuck on the shore. :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
desertrat said:
Camped there and boated there.
I wouldn't call it particularly scenic. Not any more so than St Marys lake.

:yeahthat:

Besides a couple bridges and a marina, not much to see without being on the lake.

sockgirl77

Is it worth going if the house is rent free for the weekend? Or am I better off just staying in the County?

C

chess

I like it.. but they started banning jetski's because of alot of morons on them :(

rack'm

Jaded
sockgirl77 said:
Is it worth going if the house is rent free for the weekend? Or am I better off just staying in the County?

You're NEVER better off staying in the county!

sockgirl77 said:
Not sure. I was looking into going next month.
Might be nice if its on the water. Won't be any water skiers, etc. Should be fairly peaceful if thats what you're looking for.

SeaRide

sockgirl77 said:

Been there for years - camping, kayaking, fishing, weekend outing, swimming, dining, boating etc.

If the house is rent free and it sits on the waterfront, go for it. Otherwise I dont know what you going there for. :shrug: