Lake Anna

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tina2001aniT said:
SG,

I am very so so on lake anna, I really enjoyed myself while there, it is pretty, but then again I love lakes. I do not know if I will ever go back though, the water is DIRTY, at least I believe it is. Ask :gossip: I bet she will agree. Lake Anna was the beginning of all of A's problems, Lake Anna HAS to be where she picked up her staph infection that led to all of her ear problems and later surgery.

So I would say go, but stay out of the nasty dirty fecal water.

Lovingly,
Tina

A lot of small lakes like that with houses built on the shores, at one time dumped their sewage directly into the lakes.. up to the 80's when they started forcing most of the homeowners to build septic tanks.. But I would bet there are still homes dumping sewage into some..

dustin

UAIOE
Tina2001aniT said:
SG,

I am very so so on lake anna, I really enjoyed myself while there, it is pretty, but then again I love lakes. I do not know if I will ever go back though, the water is DIRTY, at least I believe it is. Ask :gossip: I bet she will agree. Lake Anna was the beginning of all of A's problems, Lake Anna HAS to be where she picked up her staph infection that led to all of her ear problems and later surgery.

So I would say go, but stay out of the nasty dirty fecal water.

Lovingly,
Tina
:yeahthat: An alarming amount of bacteria in the water due to it being warmer from the powerplant.

sockgirl77

Thanks for all of the input. I just want to get the heck out of here for a weekend. I could not give two shiats about the water. I just want to go somewhere scenic. I am looking into Luray or Shenandoah.

BlackSheep

dustin said:
:yeahthat: An alarming amount of bacteria in the water due to it being warmer from the powerplant.
If you ask most of the Lakers about the quality of the H20 they'll tell you it's nasty because of the farmers-letting the cows poo in the water. Personally the lake is no big deal-way too crowded and not worth the trip-go to Assateague Island and report back to us about the ponies! :yay:

Elle

Happy Camper!
BlackSheep said:
If you ask most of the Lakers about the quality of the H20 they'll tell you it's nasty because of the farmers-letting the cows poo in the water. Personally the lake is no big deal-way too crowded and not worth the trip-go to Assateague Island and report back to us about the ponies! :yay:
The number of farms continues to steadily decrease while house grow up where the cows and crops once were, and yet the water quality still gets worse. Hmmm I wonder once all the farms are gone if it will still be their fault.

dustin said:
Good fishing by the warm water outflow though. Its really only a small area thats effected.

desertrat said:
Good fishing by the warm water outflow though. Its really only a small area thats effected.
Yeah, but how gross is it to eat fish that are swimming in and drinking toilet water...:dead:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Yeah, but how gross is it to eat fish that are swimming in and drinking toilet water...:dead:

I wonder where the fish keep their toothbrushes? :confused:

bcp

In My Opinion
Kerr Resivoir
This is the place to go if you like the lakes.
I stay in North Bend Park, its right at the dam. If you dont need electric, then section D sites 206 or 207 are just about the best in the campground, big and cant see much of your neighbors.
The lake has a sandy shore that makes it nice to bring the boat up to your site in most places.
If I remember correctly, FoxHound has also been there with his last boat.

the place puts lake anna to shame,

Cowgirl

My coworker camped at Lake Anna in July. He swam with his contacts in, and got an amoeba in his eye. After months of misdiagnoses and wrong treatments, they finally figured out what it was. He has drops to use every hour for 20 hrs per day. Worst case scenario-he'll lose the eye, or he'll need a cornea transplant. Best case-he'll have minimal scarring. :twitch:

Kerr Resivoir
This is the place to go if you like the lakes.
I stay in North Bend Park, its right at the dam. If you dont need electric, then section D sites 206 or 207 are just about the best in the campground, big and cant see much of your neighbors.
The lake has a sandy shore that makes it nice to bring the boat up to your site in most places.
If I remember correctly, FoxHound has also been there with his last boat.

the place puts lake anna to shame,

:clap: :yahoo: Kerr Lake is the best lake. Been camping there every year since I was born. My mom has been going there since she was born. :lol: It's absolutely perfect. We have camped at Kimball Point, Hibernia, and Henderson Point. :yay:

My coworker camped at Lake Anna in July. He swam with his contacts in, and got an amoeba in his eye. After months of misdiagnoses and wrong treatments, they finally figured out what it was. He has drops to use every hour for 20 hrs per day. Worst case scenario-he'll lose the eye, or he'll need a cornea transplant. Best case-he'll have minimal scarring. :twitch:

Sounds like he got lucky. A few weeks back there were reports of folks swimming in a lake out west that ended up with amoeba that went straight to the brain and killed them.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My brother's accident was on Lake Anna, and the bacteria found in his leg shocked the doctors at Walter Reed.

Callie girl

I've been there a couple times and it is pretty but I ahve always been in the summer. My brother takes the boat and goes all the time. I don't know about the winter though but if your looking to get away to somewhere peaceful I can't see why it wouldn't be a good spot especially for the price.

Callie girl

Thanks for all of the input. I just want to get the heck out of here for a weekend. I could not give two shiats about the water. I just want to go somewhere scenic. I am looking into Luray or Shenandoah.

I haven't bee in a while but I want to take the kids to the caverns.

Tina2001aniT

My brother's accident was on Lake Anna, and the bacteria found in his leg shocked the doctors at Walter Reed.

:yeahthat: We went camping in lake anna, and kiddo got "swimmers ear" five surgeries later they found a staph infection in the fluid behind the ear drum.....