“I’m looking at 2,900 autopsies, 2,000 of them overdoses,”

littlelady

God bless the USA
Some of this new #### is scary. A couple of weeks ago, there was an Ohio deputy who experienced toxicity from an OD. Now it happened in Maryland:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-md-harford-opioid-exposure-20170523-story.html

I heard about that a couple weeks ago on a news channel health segment. It seems that fentanyl can be absorbed through the skin just from touch. I didn't read your article, but I am sure it is the same that I heard. All related medical people/rescuers should be fully vested in gloves, outwear, etc. Very scary.

officeguy

I heard about that a couple weeks ago on a news channel health segment. It seems that fentanyl can be absorbed through the skin just from touch.

Yes, and that is how fentanyl patches work. They are filled with a goo that contains fentanyl and it is slowly released through the skin. Fentanyl is about 50-100 times as potent as morphine (10x the potency of heroin) Medical doses are measured in micrograms.
There is another stuff called carfentanil which is used in large animal anesthesia. It is 10,000-100,000 times as potent as morphine. The cases where first responders and cops came to harm based on handling either an OD victim or the drug they took are probably related to carfentanil.

This_person

They should switch to magic mushrooms. Pot is 3 times more dangerous than these mushrooms, synthetic pot 15 times more dangerous. (source)

People, you're using the wrong drug.

This_person

That's assuming those things only affect the users and things like dirty needles left in the street for non-users to potentially contract disease don't happen.

I spilled liquid chlorine on my dress slacks one time when I was putting it in my pool just before going to work. Unintended consequences are bound to happen.

Last edited: