10 Things You Need To Know About Democrats SHELLACKING Republicans In Virginia

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Brit Hume made my blood boil last night because he couldn't comment on this election without mentioning Trump in every sentence. "It's Trump's fault Gillespie lost; it's because Trump is SO unpopular; Gillespie's loss is a reflection on how much the people of VA hate Trump."

:shutup:

Tucker Carlson was trying to be diplomatic - Hume is his boss, after all - but you could see in his face that he was getting perturbed with the nonsense.

I don't watch Carlson but I was under the impression Hume retired.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's hilarious. The Libtard Mutual Admiration and Support Society, writ large.

Now every time it posts I'll think of:

thumbs-up-in-mirror.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just read the comments from the beginning.

You will see the posters trying every possible tac to justify why this isn't a response to Trump when it clearly is.

Let's try this again:

You stated that "people" screamed for weeks that this election was a referendum on Trump, then later turned around and said it wasn't. No, really! Here it is!

I don't understand how these people can scream one thing for weeks and then as soon as the results are in "it's well its not about Trump. We knew this would happen. So sad the lies they have to tell themselves so they can sleep at night.

So what "people" are you talking about? I don't see any in this thread.

Sapidus

Let's try this again:

You stated that "people" screamed for weeks that this election was a referendum on Trump, then later turned around and said it wasn't. No, really! Here it is!

So what "people" are you talking about? I don't see any in this thread.

Gurps in his first post used the excuse that Virginia was moving left and that there is no such thing as Trumpism. It is literally the first pos in this thread.

That sounds a lot different then the last few weeks when the race was very tight and that Gillespie had a real chance.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/northam-trump-virginia/index.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gurps in his first post used the excuse that Virginia was moving left and that there is no such thing as Trumpism. It is literally the first pos in this thread.

That sounds a lot different then the last few weeks when the race was very tight and that Gillespie had a real chance.

Actually, all the news people were saying it was going to be a tight race, and it was. But show me the post where *Gurps* said Gillespie was going to win because of Trump? Because that was what you stated. Show me where Gurps "screamed for weeks".

Hijinx

He did from broadcast journalism, but I thought he was still their managing editor. I could be wrong, though.

I thought Rather had retired, next thing I see him on TV telling peoploe how much we should trust the media. What idiot picked this lying ass to interview.?

Hijinx

I think if you look you will see that the race was tight and gillespie did have a chance and calling it a landslide is a lie.
54-45 is not a landslide. It's a win

Well it's a loss for Virginia but that is beside the point.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actually, all the news people were saying it was going to be a tight race, and it was. But show me the post where *Gurps* said Gillespie was going to win because of Trump? Because that was what you stated. Show me where Gurps "screamed for weeks".
The only reply you'll get will be adhominem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't understand how these people can scream one thing for weeks and then as soon as the results are in "it's well its not about Trump.
We knew this would happen.
So sad the lies they have to tell themselves so they can sleep at night.

ah :shortbus: my 1st post about the VA Race ... other that ones about the Latino Victory Video

what is this we s h i t white man you have a mouse in your pocket

Speaking of Liars ... how do you function with all of the Trump Angst you emit

who was the LAST Gov. of Virgina :shrug: a Hard Left Progressive Hillary Sycophant

so that is 2 Democratic Governors and you say Va is not sliding Blue now or rather has been for 20 yrs

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Politico, a liberal website inside the swamp that is Washington, D.C., was positively giddy with delight after Tuesday's election returns rolled in.

"Democrats euphoric after Tuesday election romp," blared the headline, with a subhead that read: "Wins in Virginia and across the country buoy the party's hopes about the 2018 midterms."

The campaign was a long and bloody battle (as a Virginia resident, I can attest that the deluge of dishonest ads — from both sides — was disgusting). But in the end, the outcome was not surprising, for this one simple fact:

There are now more Democrats in Virginia than Republicans — by some accounts, a LOT more.

Sure, there were other reasons Ed Gillespie lost by nearly 9 percentage points to Democrat Ralph Northam, 53.7% to 45.1%. Gillespie is about as Establishment a candidate as one could find; he shunned President Trump (who never popped across the Potomac River to campaign for the Republican), and, truth be told, Gillespie is boring, both on TV and in person.

But the real reason Gillespie lost was simple numbers — more Democrats = loss for Republicans.

The Washington Post interviewed nearly 3,000 voters as they came out of the polls. Here's what they found:

• 41% identified as Democrats
  • 30% said they were Republicans

So, the fact that Gillespie even got to 45% is against the odds (28% of those surveyed said they were "independent or something else").

But there's more. Northern Virginia, one of the population centers of the state, voted more heavily for the Democrat than ever before. Northam won huge in places like Fairfax County (67-32) and Alexandria (78-21). But he also crushed in the growing suburb of Loudoun County (59-39) and took Prince William County 61-38.

Here's What Really Happened In Virginia (And It's Shocking)

yeah keep telling yourself #BecauseTRUMP

SamSpade

Blue Candidates won in Blue States! IM-Pressive!!!

:rolleyes:

Well, Jersey and New York, no surprise although Christie really blew the good will of the state's voters. He was REALLY popular once.

Virginia - well it will become harder to win national elections with Virginia turning consistently blue.
The GOP's only real chance is to re-enter a world where the Rust Belt states vote with them.
I don't think that will happen - as the article states, Trump may have won Michigan and Wisconsin - but he drew less votes than Romney - who LOST.
Winning those states was more a matter of people NOT voting for Hillary.