11 in 11

party301

i'll think of one.....
Don't they have to make an arrest for you to have job security? My understanding is the closure rate on these isn't the best.

at the rate PG county is going they won't have to have a high closure rate in order for him to keep his job at the jail. a low percent of an extremly high number can still be pretty high.

officeguy

The wording in the news on this killing was weird, said it doesn't really count because the killing was justified because the homeowner killed someone who broke into his home! But you're still DEAD right? :confused::shrug:

Doesn't count because the perp put the AK47 to his own head.

The homeowner got into a shootout with him earlier but that didn't kill him.

JosephIV

oh yeah.....this is all the governments fault.

It's due to a problem within the Black Community. Yes, I said it. PG is 60+% black. It is one of the most high-earning counties in the nation with roughly 40% of the population earning 100k or more. Compare Vermont vs PG:

Vermont = 620K+ population
PG= 830k+ population

Vermont = 90% + white
PG = 60% + black

Vermont = 11% at or below poverty level
PG = 7% at or below poverty level

To to be fair we could throw in New Orleans which is predominantly black (67%) and show that black majority cities trump the white majority state of Vermont in murder/violent crime rate. They do not have 10 times the population yet average 10 times Vermont's murder rate per year or worse! Wake up black community!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't like what I pointed out? Tough. To any who want to label me racist, I'm not. I'm prejudiced. I endorsed Charles Lollar this past election because I liked what he had to say on Factcheck and what his campaign espoused. Like many, I don't care for Barrack Obama but it is due to his policies and lack of transparency in gov't, not his race.

laynpipe

It's due to a problem within the Black Community. Yes, I said it. PG is 60+% black. It is one of the most high-earning counties in the nation with roughly 40% of the population earning 100k or more. Compare Vermont vs PG:

Vermont = 620K+ population
PG= 830k+ population

Vermont = 90% + white
PG = 60% + black

Vermont = 11% at or below poverty level
PG = 7% at or below poverty level

To to be fair we could throw in New Orleans which is predominantly black (67%) and show that black majority cities trump the white majority state of Vermont in murder/violent crime rate. They do not have 10 times the population yet average 10 times Vermont's murder rate per year or worse! Wake up black community!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't like what I pointed out? Tough. To any who want to label me racist, I'm not. I'm prejudiced. I endorsed Charles Lollar this past election because I liked what he had to say on Factcheck and what his campaign espoused. Like many, I don't care for Barrack Obama but it is due to his policies and lack of transparency in gov't, not his race.

what does any of this ramble have to do with the previous poster blaming the murder rate on the government or the party in charge ?

thanks for enlightening us though.

JosephIV

what does any of this ramble have to do with the previous poster blaming the murder rate on the government or the party in charge ?

thanks for enlightening us though.

I was pointing out the real problem which lies within a community that needs to wake up and change. What does your rambling have to do with anything?

laynpipe

i didnt ramble. i asked a question. you are the one that rambled a bunch of useless statistics. that is what we would call a ramble.