Another Drive By

rdkarob

I just heard there was a drive by shooting last night with a fatality in Waldorf. So glad I moved..

YOU???? We use to live in those townhomes 17 years ago, it was bad then. I hate Waldorf, crime stricken, and extremely sad, but then again what should we expect, it is now a mini Landover!

USNavyMike

It was not a drive by :rolleyes:

Okay, if was a walk up, per WMZQ news, two #1 males walked up, shot a teen who died at the scene then got back into thier car and raced away until police cornered them and arrests were made. Lets call this a Southern Maryland Redneck Style Drive by.
m

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
In their rush to get the news out, Baynet has already changed the story, since I first read it WAS a drive by, this a.m.

robbie

Good ole' Prince Charles county. Been trying to sell home for months now and this kind of news doesn't help at all. These kids should either be in school or at a J. O. B. period!! Not riding around!!

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
I just heard there was a drive by shooting last night with a fatality in Waldorf. So glad I moved..

WALDORF, Md. -- A man was shot and killed on the front porch of his home Wednesday night in Charles County.

Joseph Gilford Hickman, 71, was shot in the chest at about 7:30 p.m. at his home in the 3300 block of Ryon Court.

Related: Watch The Report

Police said two men fired an unknown number of shots and fled into the woods on foot.

Investigators said they believe Hickman's death was not the result of a random act of violence. They said Hickman and another man had a conversation with the gunmen before the shooting, but it's unclear why the 71-year-old may have been targeted.

Maj. Joseph Montminy, Charles County's assistant sheriff of operations, said police don't have a lot to go on. Officers searched the area with a police dog, but did not find any suspects.

Police have not revealed why Hickman was at the home where he was shot.

Hickman owned a sawmill company and a farm in Charles County. His family said he was always busy.

The shooting was Charles County's third homicide of the year.

Anyone with information should call the sheriff's office at (301) 932-7777 or Crime Solvers at (866) 411-TIPS

BlackSheep

Don't shoot the messenger-

WALDORF, Md. -- A man was shot and killed on the front porch of his home Wednesday night in Charles County.

Joseph Gilford Hickman, 71, was shot in the chest at about 7:30 p.m. at his home in the 3300 block of Ryon Court.

Related: Watch The Report
Police said two men fired an unknown number of shots and fled into the woods on foot.

Investigators said they believe Hickman's death was not the result of a random act of violence. They said Hickman and another man had a conversation with the gunmen before the shooting, but it's unclear why the 71-year-old may have been targeted.

Maj. Joseph Montminy, Charles County's assistant sheriff of operations, said police don't have a lot to go on. Officers searched the area with a police dog, but did not find any suspects.

Police have not revealed why Hickman was at the home where he was shot.

Hickman owned a sawmill company and a farm in Charles County. His family said he was always busy.

The shooting was Charles County's third homicide of the year.

Anyone with information should call the sheriff's office at (301) 932-7777 or Crime Solvers at (866) 411-TIPS

This murder is a glimpse into Charles County's future: "Charles (County) has the fastest-growing black population of any large county in the nation except the Atlanta suburbs, according to a Washington Post analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data."

ImnoMensa

Okay, if was a walk up, per WMZQ news, two #1 males walked up, shot a teen who died at the scene then got back into thier car and raced away until police cornered them and arrests were made. Lets call this a Southern Maryland Redneck Style Drive by.

When did number 1 males get red necks?

Arent number 1 males black?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Update; the shooter was caught last night by CC police and he said: "I really didn't mean to kill him". Well well well. I guess the victim really didn't mean to die either and he wouldn't have if you would have used a squirt gun! Why can't ayone see that the change in demographics is the cause of this type of problem? I lived in PG county for 30 years and was forced out! Citizens COULD HAVE changed this but the government didn't want us to. Can't SOMEONE sue this government for failure to uphold the Constitution; Specifically the second amendment? All I do is read how (mostly) young #1 males are terrorizing this county and we have to wait our turn to be shot or robbed? We can't punish everyone of ANY race but we have a Constitutional right to defend ourselves. WHY CAN'T WE??!!!