Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 598

Thread: LHS Drumline Coach Arrested

  1. #21
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjones View Post
    there is a huge difference between someone in a postion of power and responsibility who effs a teenage student (sexual assualt) and a 19 yo who just graduated boinking his girl friend who just happens to be underage and her parents dont like it (statutory rape).
    I agree.

  2. #22
    Registered User Cowgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2002
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    16,673
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjones View Post
    there is a huge difference between someone in a postion of power and responsibility who effs a teenage student (sexual assualt) and a 19 yo who just graduated boinking his girl friend who just happens to be underage and her parents dont like it (statutory rape).
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    I agree.
    I don't know...I'm kinda agreeing with Vrai on this one. There were plenty of opportunities for this girl to say "Get the hell away from me" but I guess she didn't. She was even over at his house! Like I said before, there were rumors about a different drum instructor and certain female band members when I was in school.
    Bloom where you're planted.

  3. #23
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
    I don't know...I'm kinda agreeing with Vrai on this one. There were plenty of opportunities for this girl to say "Get the hell away from me" but I guess she didn't. She was even over at his house! Like I said before, there were rumors about a different drum instructor and certain female band members when I was in school.
    It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.

  4. #24
    Registered User Cowgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2002
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    16,673
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.
    I'm not saying it was right. I'm just saying the girl was 16, not 8. The term "child" sex abuse doesn't seem to fit.
    Bloom where you're planted.

  5. #25
    Repete Pete's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    52,473
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjones View Post
    there is a huge difference between someone in a postion of power and responsibility who effs a teenage student (sexual assualt) and a 19 yo who just graduated boinking his girl friend who just happens to be underage and her parents dont like it (statutory rape).
    I typically tend to agree with this idea but then I tried to imagine a 24 year old drum beater being in authority of anything other than raging hormones and 16 year old hoochies thinking how cool it would be to score the Drumline Instructor instead of Billy Bob.

    But hey, the law is the law and the thing that supposedly separates us from animals is a certain degree of self control. Playing stink finger with a 16 year old on a dark bus is hard to justify.

  6. #26
    Voted Nicest in 08 BS Gal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.
    Come on over to my house, little girl, and I'll tutor you on my hum drum?
    "People will forget what you said, People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel."



  7. #27
    All Up In Your Grill nachomama's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    14,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I typically tend to agree with this idea but then I tried to imagine a 24 year old drum beater being in authority of anything other than raging hormones and 16 year old hoochies thinking how cool it would be to score the Drumline Instructor instead of Billy Bob.

    But hey, the law is the law and the thing that supposedly separates us from animals is a certain degree of self control. Playing stink finger with a 16 year old on a dark bus is hard to justify.
    Not to mention the fact that the school board tells you up front before you even start working there that kind of behavior is a definite no no and grounds for dismissal - no questions asked.
    Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiegirl
    I don't know where you guys have been but hate and discontent are NOTHING new around here..
    Quote Originally Posted by MMDad
    You need to lower your expectations. It's hard to be disappointed when you expect nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoochCat
    ...............(odd place this forum....)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.
    We already have a Captain What-If.

  9. #29
    Registered User Cowgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2002
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    16,673
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomama View Post
    Not to mention the fact that the school board tells you up front before you even start working there that kind of behavior is a definite no no and grounds for dismissal - no questions asked.
    And the fact that they're 16 year old girls.
    Bloom where you're planted.

  10. #30
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Gal View Post
    Come on over to my house, little girl, and I'll tutor you on my hum drum?
    I promise not to bend it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |