LHS Drumline Coach Arrested

sockgirl77

there is a huge difference between someone in a postion of power and responsibility who effs a teenage student (sexual assualt) and a 19 yo who just graduated boinking his girl friend who just happens to be underage and her parents dont like it (statutory rape).

I agree. :yay:

Cowgirl

there is a huge difference between someone in a postion of power and responsibility who effs a teenage student (sexual assualt) and a 19 yo who just graduated boinking his girl friend who just happens to be underage and her parents dont like it (statutory rape).

I don't know...I'm kinda agreeing with Vrai on this one. There were plenty of opportunities for this girl to say "Get the hell away from me" but I guess she didn't. She was even over at his house! Like I said before, there were rumors about a different drum instructor and certain female band members when I was in school.

sockgirl77

I don't know...I'm kinda agreeing with Vrai on this one. There were plenty of opportunities for this girl to say "Get the hell away from me" but I guess she didn't. She was even over at his house! Like I said before, there were rumors about a different drum instructor and certain female band members when I was in school.

It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.

Cowgirl

It does not matter. The girl is a minor and she would have had to been under the age of 16 for there to be charges. Am I right? And as far as her being over his house...what if he was tutoring her? Even if she was consenting, it still does not make it right.

I'm not saying it was right. I'm just saying the girl was 16, not 8. The term "child" sex abuse doesn't seem to fit.

Pete

Repete

I typically tend to agree with this idea but then I tried to imagine a 24 year old drum beater being in authority of anything other than raging hormones and 16 year old hoochies thinking how cool it would be to score the Drumline Instructor instead of Billy Bob.

But hey, the law is the law and the thing that supposedly separates us from animals is a certain degree of self control. Playing stink finger with a 16 year old on a dark bus is hard to justify.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Come on over to my house, little girl, and I'll tutor you on my hum drum?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I typically tend to agree with this idea but then I tried to imagine a 24 year old drum beater being in authority of anything other than raging hormones and 16 year old hoochies thinking how cool it would be to score the Drumline Instructor instead of Billy Bob.

But hey, the law is the law and the thing that supposedly separates us from animals is a certain degree of self control. Playing stink finger with a 16 year old on a dark bus is hard to justify.

Not to mention the fact that the school board tells you up front before you even start working there that kind of behavior is a definite no no and grounds for dismissal - no questions asked.

jetmonkey

We already have a Captain What-If.

Cowgirl

Not to mention the fact that the school board tells you up front before you even start working there that kind of behavior is a definite no no and grounds for dismissal - no questions asked.

And the fact that they're 16 year old girls. :drama:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm not saying it was right. I'm just saying the girl was 16, not 8. The term "child" sex abuse doesn't seem to fit.

:yeahthat:
The story said she was 16 :shrug:

As of recently, I KNOW that 16 was the age of consent (but there could only be like a 4 year difference between the people or something). Now I have heard word that MD may have even altered this law and made it 17 or 18....That would make this statutory rape in any case. I really just don't feel that if the girl is 16 and gives consent that it should be classified as "child sex abuse". She knew damn well what she was getting into, he effed up and messed around with someone too young...but lets not put him up there with the sick mofos that molest kids who are not even pubecent (sp?) yet. Two totally different things IMO.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
:yeahthat:
The story said she was 16 :shrug:

As of recently, I KNOW that 16 was the age of consent (but there could only be like a 4 year difference between the people or something). Now I have heard word that MD may have even altered this law and made it 17 or 18....That would make this statutory rape in any case. I really just don't feel that if the girl is 16 and gives consent that it should be classified as "child sex abuse". She knew damn well what she was getting into, he effed up and messed around with someone too young...but lets not put him up there with the sick mofos that molest kids who are not even pubecent (sp?) yet. Two totally different things IMO.
It's the fact that it was a student and a person employed by the school in a position of authority that makes it a crime.