16 Things Men Are Required, By Law, To Know About Women

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Have you ever wondered why men behave the way they do? Silly question. Of course, you have.

In his "Dear Women" letter, humor columnist Streeter Seidell aimed to clear up some baffling male phenomena, like why men don't seem the least bit thrilled by cute babies (because they aren't their babies) or why they're perpetually horny (their horniness is the equivalent of the female period; it's nature-induced so they can reproduce). All enlightening revelations.

So when Seidell issued a call to women asking for any insights into the female brain, I felt compelled to write back. It's only fair. To all the guys out there, I hope this letter is helpful.

1. Sometimes we cry for no reason​

2. On the same note, we also like to vent​

3. Spiders tend to freak us out​

4. Speaking of irrational fears, we'd rather not make the first move​

5. We love it when you call us...​

6. If you're not that into us, let us know​

7. Grand gestures aren't really necessary​

8. We don't define a relationship by the size of a ring​

9. We love babies, but that doesn't mean we want to rush into things​

10. We aren't comparing you to that guy we dated​

11. We tend to over-analyze​

OK, we always over-analyze.

For example, after a date, you say, "I had a great time tonight." Our thoughts: "Did he really? Was that a slight inflection in his tone? Did I sense apathy? Should I suggest a second date? Maybe he will. Maybe he'll just call tomorrow. Maybe he won't call at all. Maybe I'll never see him again. What does "I had a great time" really mean? Does it mean he was actually bored the whole time? Did he enjoy himself? What is it with the mind games?!"

12. If possible, we would appreciate it if you got even more direct with us​

An "I had a great time tonight" followed by an "If you're free, I would love to get together again next Thursday" would basically be a minor miracle for us.

13. We really appreciate chivalry​

Opening doors, walking street-side, etc. In fact, we think it's really hot. But we live in a feminist world, and that's cool, too. We can take care of ourselves. We don't need you to lift a box of pillows or pick up every tab.

14. But still, we want to feel feminine, beautiful and safe​

15. We hold you in high regard​

16. But we can still tie our shoes and do any number of other complex, Herculean things​

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
true, it's all true.
It really is. It's not all that complicated.

Most of these dating things that get posted are about the younger generations, I think. I'm a Boomer, so I feel that I look at things differently for the most part. I have morals, values and opinions that are not necesssarily aligned with some of the younger gals. BUT - then again - there are a lot of similarities, too.

I think it's too bad the old baggage that most people carry around keeps them jaded and cynical. (both women and men) I try NOT to be that way, when I meet new people and I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Each new person is a completely new opportunity to connect with a being that you might never have known otherwise. If you hit it off and connect in a different way that leads to a further connection - that's the best part of going out and meeting people, IMO. I love that I've met and come to know a ton of new people in the past few years that I'd never have known otherwise. ALL ages, too. However, I DO NOT to seek to date every guy I meet - I just like meeting people in general. I like talking to them, hearing their story -everyone has a story.

Sometimes, it's one extreme to the other - I'll be talking to a guy out someplace and they ONLY want a hookup and are leering letches OR they don't even attempt to talk to you when you try to start up a convo in a friendly way. :ohwell: (their loss! Go be grumpy by yourself, dude!) :jet: