2014 AIR SHOW cancelled, it wil be missed

pbotz

I have heard from various military people that the 2014 air show has been cancelled already. Anyone else disappointed over this. I was quite livid last year that it was cancelled and now the plug has already been pulled for this year.

On another note would you pay to go to these air shows?

I believe there closed for money reasons , but if each person paid a small fee it should cover most of the expenses.

I would gladly pay an admission which was reasonable of course. Say under $15 for adults, and kids under $10 type deal.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I pay $20 to go see cars fly down a 1/4 mile strip of asphalt. I would be willing to pay to see jets do acrobatic stunts.

However for many of those that work on base they may not feel the same. Also keep in mind that for the few days before the show you can see them practice. However those with children would probably be more up for it.

Vince

For me, I don't really care. See airplanes flying everyday. I've seen the airshow about 10 or 15 times. :shrug:

Hijinx

I am paying already with my taxes, Perhaps when we get a real President again the shows will come back.

Right now Air Force one is in California with the Boy Blunder and Michelle has her private jet out in Aspen.

If he would cancel a couple of his vacations and fund raisers having the Blue Angels would be no problem.,

Last edited:

CobbWeb

Not Planned

Normally they only have air show every 2yrs, so there was no plan to have one in 2014 anyway. Next year should be a go.

CobbWeb

Singapore

If you hurry the Singapore Air Show ends tomorrow. The US is the 2014 featured country with more than 150 US companies participating. US Military aircraft doing aerobatic demos including; MV-22, C-17, F-16 and P-8.

sm8

I actually prefer to go to the events where you pay to get in. It always seems to have a less, having a hard time finding the right words to use. Less troublesome or more polite.

I believe there closed for money reasons , but if each person paid a small fee it should cover most of the expenses.

Budget cuts ground Blue Angels, Thunderbirds - CNN.com
The Air Force had said earlier this year that air shows can cost bases $100,000.

That's just the cost to the air base, security, staff, etc. Doesn't include any of the costs borne by the performers, entrance fees, fuel....

Might be hard pressed to cover all costs with an admission fee.

General Lee

I actually prefer to go to the events where you pay to get in. It always seems to have a less, having a hard time finding the right words to use. Less troublesome or more polite.

Say what you wanna say, no need to be politically correct. Lets call a duck a duck, most of the problems in society is from to much political correctness.

sm8

Say what you wanna say, no need to be politically correct. Lets call a duck a duck, most of the problems in society is from to much political correctness.

It seems like to me events you have to pay to get into are less crowded and it just happens to seem like there are a lot less trashy people who think it is a free day care.

BOP

I am paying already with my taxes, Perhaps when we get a real President again the shows will come back.

Right now Air Force one is in California with the Boy Blunder and Michelle has her private jet out in Aspen.

If he would cancel a couple of his vacations and fund raisers having the Blue Angels would be no problem.,

:smack:

Banned for having unrealistic expectations.

:coffee:

TPD

the poor dad

I don't know why the whole family couldn't have jet-pooled - you gotta pass over Colorado to get to California. Fly low and slow and have the wife and kids parachute out onto the ski slopes. That's what I would do if I were president since I can do what I want when I have the title of POTUS.

acommondisaster

Waste of our bucks. Just to possibly recruit some kids and impress us. Ok I got it we train guys and waste fuel so they can do some cool trick flying.

I disagree. It is a cool recruiting tool, but it's also a way to continue to instill a sense of pride in our nation and its capabilities. It demonstrates a support of the military. Cancelling it (again) helps to erode the pride and respect in the military.

I think the closing of monuments, national parks, White House tours, air shows have all been a way of eroding national pride and exceptionalism, even when the closures were temporary.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you hurry the Singapore Air Show ends tomorrow. The US is the 2014 featured country with more than 150 US companies participating. US Military aircraft doing aerobatic demos including; MV-22, C-17, F-16 and P-8.

those are joint marketing ventures, our tax dollars helping to sell the big corporations products overseas. We are talking series money here.

Based on the projected budgets and the other "talk" coming from the head shed, I'd say the days of the air show are gone.
Simply can't afford it. We can't afford to maintain the buildings and grounds as they are. The backups at the gates because of lane closures are because they can't afford to post the extra sentries.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
those are joint marketing ventures, our tax dollars helping to sell the big corporations products overseas. We are talking series money here.

Based on the projected budgets and the other "talk" coming from the head shed, I'd say the days of the air show are gone.
Simply can't afford it. We can't afford to maintain the buildings and grounds as they are. The backups at the gates because of lane closures are because they can't afford to post the extra sentries.
But we can afford jetting boy blunder and moooochele anywhere they want to go; and giving money to their voting base.

Personally, I think the boy blunder should pay for all his trips unless they are directly related to the office and benefit the country, and the House of Representatives should be ones who determine if they benefit the country and if they are for official Office of the President business. Bet that will cut his royal highness's jet setting and vacations.

pbotz

I disagree. It is a cool recruiting tool, but it's also a way to continue to instill a sense of pride in our nation and its capabilities. It demonstrates a support of the military. Cancelling it (again) helps to erode the pride and respect in the military.

I think the closing of monuments, national parks, White House tours, air shows have all been a way of eroding national pride and exceptionalism, even when the closures were temporary.

I agree also. I feel more of a sense of a proud country and citizen at air shows. However those days are probally going away. Thats just my 32 yr old minds belief. I see old movies back decades ago where society seemed soo much more proud to be american, so to say. I dont know if thats how it was but cannot say i see that now in this currernt age. press 1 for english and 2 for spanish.

Taz

Really enjoyed air show last year. Good concert (Natalie Stovall playing fiddle), so I would have no problem paying...

itsrequired

I don't think there should be air shows. How much money a year is spent on those? That money is better spent equiping our men and women in the field and supporting their real mission.