2023 Hummingbird Thread

NextJen

Raisin cane
Any sightings?

I put my feeder out late last week. Haven’t seen any here in Port Tobacco. They should be arriving in Southern Maryland any time now.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Was just thinking about that. Saw some vids on a sun-powered water fountain that the hummers really like. Think I'll make something like this. There are a few variants out there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Got a bunch of carpenter bees too. Seems like more this year than before.
They're met with a little shot of Brake Kleen around here. If you get a direct hit, they fly off never to be seen again. Sometimes they'll make a repeat visit, but they're a little slower and easier to hit the second time.

TPD

the poor dad
They're met with a little shot of Brake Kleen around here. If you get a direct hit, they fly off never to be seen again. Sometimes they'll make a repeat visit, but they're a little slower and easier to hit the second time.
No wonder you are not getting any hummers - you meamie!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Good info
DD2B1D13-CE8C-4949-AB2A-1027DA488701.jpeg

frequentflier

happy to be living
I haven't put up feeders yet but have a native coral honeysuckle on a side fence that started blooming about a month ago. The hummers love it but I cannot see it from my house so I don't know if they are here yet or not.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
My sign that it's time to hang the feeder - when the pine pollen becomes a cloud across the field.

So, not yet, but very soon.