If only this was permanent...Mall closed

vince77

I would guess the mall in St. Charles will be closed within five years. I go in there maybe 3 times a year, always during the day....There's nobody shopping there anymore.

rolltide

St. Charles Mall

Won't go near Waldorf at night; rarely venture to the mall even in daylight. Thugs...trash... Sad. It was once a nice mall.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I like having the mall there. At least that way I know where most of the hoodlums are.

Mikeru

Maybe I've not been there enough, but the few times I've been to that mall, it didn't seem all that bad as everyone makes it out.

Sure there are 50% or more black shoppers there whenever I go, but never felt like I was ever in any danger from 'thugs'. But I've only been there a few times, so mayhaps I just went on good days.

The only thing that screams 'ghetto' to me about the mall is that all the shoe stores require me to bother a clerk to go in the back every time I want to try on a shoe and/or need a different shoe size... indicating a high risk of theft for the area/mall.

:shrug:

I can't say I was that impressed with the Annapolis Mall all that much either. It's sure a discombobulated mess, albeit it has more to offer store wise and has a modern theater.

Last edited:
S

shagger

Maybe I've not been there enough, but the few times I've been to that mall, it didn't seem all that bad as everyone makes it out.

Sure there are 50% or more black shoppers there whenever I go, but never felt like I was ever in any danger from 'thugs'. But I've only been there a few times, so mayhaps I just went on good days.

The only thing that screams 'ghetto' to me about the mall is that all the shoe stores require me to bother a clerk to go in the back every time I want to try on a shoe and/or need a different shoe size... indicating a high risk of theft for the area/mall.

:shrug:

I can't say I was that impressed with the Annapolis Mall all that much either. It's sure a discombobulated mess, albeit it has more to offer store wise and has a modern theater.

...............:yeahthat: I don't feel it is that bad either. Yeah, if you are a racist, then you may have a problem being the minority in the mall. Get used to it, that is where we are headed in this country - being the minority.

willie

Waldorf Mall has a long-long way to go before it gets like Landover Mall before its collapse.

LadyCoyote

Hey, I'm chiming in, too. I've lived all over the country and I don't see what the big deal is about the Waldorf mall, either. I've never felt threatened going up there to shop, though some people make it sound like Compton.
Sure there are larger and more upscale shopping malls within a 1 - 2 hour drive depending on where you live. And that is nice, but I wouldn't wish the Waldorf mall would shut down because of the clientele, etc. If things are that bad, I think it's time for everyone to stay home and just do shopping on the Internet.

tomcatter

Professional Hater
Trust me, it could be alot worse, we had Pembroke Mall in Va Beach, otherwise known as "the ghetto mall". Oh yeah, And Greenbriar Mall wasnt much safer either. I havent been in Iverson Mall in years but I remember it being kinda scary when I was younger...

bcp

In My Opinion
Trust me, it could be alot worse, we had Pembroke Mall in Va Beach, otherwise known as "the ghetto mall". Oh yeah, And Greenbriar Mall wasnt much safer either. I havent been in Iverson Mall in years but I remember it being kinda scary when I was younger...
Pembroke mall was not like that back in the early to mid 80s. After Lynnhaven mall first opened Pembroke went downhill fast. Greenbriar was the same way, when it opened it was clean and nice, had the old people doing the mall walk in it every morning of the week for an hour before the stores opened.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Pembroke mall was not like that back in the early to mid 80s. After Lynnhaven mall first opened Pembroke went downhill fast. Greenbriar was the same way, when it opened it was clean and nice, had the old people doing the mall walk in it every morning of the week for an hour before the stores opened.

Don't forget the famous Military Cirlce Mall.