Gainesville pastor cancels Quran burning

Bay_Kat

Tropical
GAINESVILLE --
Gainesville Pastor Terry Jones says he will not host a Quran burning on Sept. 11.

At a news conference Thursday, Jones said he cancelled the event because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move.

He said he and Imam Muhammad Musri will be flying to New York City Saturday.

Musri, of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, was the bridge that brought about peaceful solutions in both events. For the second day in a row, he drove from Orlando to speak with Jones.

Gainesville pastor cancels Quran burning

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
What a shame. The muslim animals win again.
"However, another man going by the online call sign 'Baja28' has taken up the charge..." :lol:

I like SamSpade's point that Jones has already won. He need only point to the Muslims and say, "Are they not guilty of their own intolerance?"

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Pretty amazing that the first person to know about the Islamic center being moved is this nutjob. I'll have to withhold judgment until all the facts come out.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I like SamSpade's point that Jones has already won. He need only point to the Muslims and say, "Are they not guilty of their own intolerance?"
Exactly. Threaten to burn a few korans and the animals show their true colors. And people think we should be tolerant of these animals?? :faint:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Pretty amazing that the first person to know about the Islamic center being moved is this nutjob. I'll have to withhold judgment until all the facts come out.

The Imam in New York said he has talked to either the pastor or the Imam in Florida and there is no plan to move the Islamic center.

I wonder where he got his information.

hvp05

And people think we should be tolerant of these animals??
The contrast in the government's responses between the proposal of the mosque/community center/prayer room and the Quran burning is especially stunning.

Oblahma and the WH came out in full support of the mosque, in spite of the controversy surrounding it. And when it came to this guy, they wasted no time in telling him to stop. Jones was clearly being provocational, but his right to burn a religious book (whichever one he chose) should have been protected... the same way Oblahma was saying the Muslims have a right to construct their building.

Perhaps Muslims have learned that, at least for the immediate future, they need not attack us with guns because they can use our own laws and government against us. And the effects are much farther reaching. :frown:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
The contrast in the government's responses between the proposal of the mosque/community center/prayer room and the Quran burning is especially stunning.

Oblahma and the WH came out in full support of the mosque, in spite of the controversy surrounding it. And when it came to this guy, they wasted no time in telling him to stop. Jones was clearly being provocational, but his right to burn a religious book (whichever one he chose) should have been protected... the same way Oblahma was saying the Muslims have a right to construct their building.

Perhaps Muslims have learned that, at least for the immediate future, they need not attack us with guns because they can use our own laws and government against us. And the effects are much farther reaching. :frown:
They weren't forced to stop. Just as the Mosque builders won't be forced to stop.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Exactly. Read my siggy line.

edinsomd

Don't worry Baja, your pals at the Westboro Baptist Church are picking up the slack.

Westboro Baptist Church has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World calls its off. | Ocala.com

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week."

E

EmptyTimCup

Don't worry Baja, your pals at the Westboro Baptist Church are picking up the slack.

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed America bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week."

well somebody has some balls .............. :evil:

hvp05

I understood you. See, that's how I knew to give you the "whooOOoosh", because your post missed my point entirely.

Can you please try to step up your game beyond the point of "I'm rubber and your glue..."? TIA.

frogman123

Exactly. Threaten to burn a few korans and the animals show their true colors. And people think we should be tolerant of these animals?? :faint:

Are you kidding? You are sooo completely ignorant. Do you actually know the first amendment? It not only speaks of the freedom of speech, but also the freedom of religion. It people like you who fuel this fire of ignorance thinking that it's Islam that is the enemy, not the psychopaths of the world. Animals? Are you kidding? Throughout history we have seen time and time again the stereotypical beliefs that causes horrible atrocities (i.e. the holocaust, slavery, civil rights, Darfur, Japanese internment during WWII). Your thoughts on Muslims is completely baseless and is the same mindset of the people that support(ed) the above actions. Take a step back, learn about the religion, and maybe even go meet a Muslim. And the reason that it pissed every Muslim off is because the Qur'an is much more sacred than anything you can imagine. I would try to explain to you culture, but you apparently come from a windowless hut...