DU Tread of the Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

SamSpade

I can't figure out how these guys think. They make some of the worst characterizations of Bush, Ashcroft, the administration. They make UP sh*t about being AWOL, a "deserter", a 'traitor', 'betraying' us - they call the administration some kind of Fourth Reich, the Patriot Act some kind of Gestapo, and they repeatedly compare Bush to Hitler and say he is worse than Saddam.

Never in my life have I ever heard the kind of hate levelled at this man - and usually, no one can point to anything, except maybe a war they think probably accomplished a good thing.

And they call US shrill and hate-filled?

Like that guy says in "Die Hard" --

"Why don't you take a whiff of what you shovelin'?"

We're hate-filled and shrill, and they accuse us of being assasin? What kind of brain thinks like that?

SamSpade

Originally posted by Pete
I just registered over there :roflmao:

I wonder how long it will take for the tolerant, peace-loving, respectful members to kick you out for daring to disagree with them?

Bit of advice - use a *stopwatch*.

Pete

Repete
They will not take my yahoo email so I had to use the one at home. I cannot bless them with my opinion until tonight. :biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I just registered over there :roflmao:
Unless you play along, you won't last long.

Please post us links over here so we can laugh too. :lol:

B

Bruzilla

Although I hate to say that I share any thoughts with any DU yahoos, I have wondered the same things myself... just with a different slant.

The nation decided to go to war with itself once before over a deep division in beliefs and philosophies, i.e., slavery and state's rights. Are there any such deeply held beliefs today that could lead to a Civil War II? I think that we are headed that way, and it won't be North vs South this time. It should be remembered that the primary reason that the Founding Fathers wanted an armed populace was to ensure the peoples' ability to rise up against their government if the government ever got out of hand and refused to listen to the people. It happened in the 1860s, and could happen again.

I doubt anyone will be calling for war over abortion rights, but what about gun rights? What about religious rights? How about income redistribution? I think that each of these could generate enough outrage with enough people that a CWII could become a reality. If two or more were attacked? Yes, I could see murder and mayhem come as a result.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Unless you play along, you won't last long.

Please post us links over here so we can laugh too. :lol:

Remember the DU invasion here from a while back? We tried giving them a taste of their own medicine at DU and we were all banned within minutes. :roflmao:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Although I hate to say that I share any thoughts with any DU yahoos, I have wondered the same things myself... just with a different slant.

The nation decided to go to war with itself once before over a deep division in beliefs and philosophies, i.e., slavery and state's rights. Are there any such deeply held beliefs today that could lead to a Civil War II? I think that we are headed that way, and it won't be North vs South this time. It should be remembered that the primary reason that the Founding Fathers wanted an armed populace was to ensure the peoples' ability to rise up against their government if the government ever got out of hand and refused to listen to the people. It happened in the 1860s, and could happen again.

I doubt anyone will be calling for war over abortion rights, but what about gun rights? What about religious rights? How about income redistribution? I think that each of these could generate enough outrage with enough people that a CWII could become a reality. If two or more were attacked? Yes, I could see murder and mayhem come as a result.

Scary stuff. The baby-boomers are still deeply divided over Vietnam and the 1960s in general. That's what may form the backdrop of any new civil war. If there is another civil war, I think the spark will be the issue of gay marriage.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Tonio
If there is another civil war, I think the spark will be the issue of gay marriage.
Isn't it kinda sad that a very vocal minority can cause so much strife. Whatever happened to the good old days where they hung out in hidden clubs and denied they were gay? Why do I have to accept homosexuality as the norm? Just because more than 10 people do it makes it ok?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady
Remember the DU invasion here from a while back? We tried giving them a taste of their own medicine at DU and we were all banned within minutes. :roflmao:
Yeah the bunch of whiney babies sure could dish it out, but then whined to admin when they got it back. :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Isn't it kinda sad that a very vocal minority can cause so much strife. Whatever happened to the good old days where they hung out in hidden clubs and denied they were gay? Why do I have to accept homosexuality as the norm? Just because more than 10 people do it makes it ok?

How about the other vocal minority, the fundamentalists?

I think Margaret Atwood went too far with predicting a Taliban-style dictatorship in America in "The Handmaid's Tale." Still, I think we could end up with an atmosphere where people are denied jobs because they appear gay or something like that.

No matter what your opinion on homosexuality's morality (I'm straight and I don't believe that homosexuality is immoral), does the government have a compelling interest in outlawing it? Many sodomy laws were written to specifically ban it between gay couples, and those laws have been successfully challenged in court. Maybe the best way to go is to have all marriages private, so it isn't a government issue at all.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm in favor of homo marriages. Why should it just be the straight folks that get stuck with lawyer fees when you get divorced.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by aps45819
I'm in favor of homo marriages. Why should it just be the straight folks that get stuck with lawyer fees when you get divorced.

I don't know dude, don't they take it in the pipe enough as it is? :shrug: