View Poll Results: Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left lane for passing or turning left

32 33.68%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

46 48.42%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

8 8.42%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

9 9.47%
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    I agree, it was rather inconsiderate. However it doesn't bother me at all to turn my wheel a bit to the right go past her and turn the wheel back to the left a bit. Maybe that really stresses some people out or is physically dificult for them. Not really sure.
    See it does bother me when people tailgate behind me (I am a firm keep right except to pass person) to get around the other person. Both drivers are at fault imo.

Quote Originally Posted by smilin View Post
    It's about time. Drivers need to become aware that they aren't the only idiot on the road and MOVE over and get out of the passing lane. Common sense: Through lane (right) is used unless you are passing, when you use the "passing" or left lane.

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington
    It may be nice that she got the ticket, but it won't go anywhere in the courts. She will win if contested. You may write a person a ticket for traveling under the speed limit, but not two hours. Most people would not find that reasonable, and there is no provision about moving to the right from the left lane.

I agree, it was rather inconsiderate. However it doesn't bother me at all to turn my wheel a bit to the right go past her and turn the wheel back to the left a bit. Maybe that really stresses some people out or is physically dificult for them. Not really sure.
    how do you do that when there's a car in the right lane going the same speed?
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    You slow down and wait for a chance to get through traffic and resume speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That's what I thought, so I'm curious what exactly she got ticketed for.

the COP was pissed she was holding him up ...

... if I am on the beltway, moving along in the left lane @ 65, and PG rolls up doing 70, I move over let them pass, and return to the left lane and follow @ 70 ish
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    How do you move to your right if there is a car in the right lane just back of you going the same speed?

I'm just gonna stay the heck home. Problem solved.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

How do you move to your right if there is a car in the right lane just back of you going the same speed?
    Oh wait I know you speed up right?

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I'm just gonna stay the heck home. Problem solved.
    :D lol

Oh wait I know you speed up right?
    So you are saying it is legal to break the law by speeding in order to pass the flow of traffic that is obeying the law? Link...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.