Where are Jesse and Al now???

RPMDAD

Critics blast Jackson, Sharpton over silence on Florida school bus beating

Self-appointed civil rights leaders and celebrities remained mum on the vicious beating of a white sixth-grader at the hands of three older African-Americans in Florida, despite a growing chorus of critics who called their silence hypocrisy given their recent, racially-charged condemnation of the Sunshine State.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, who both blasted Florida in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting and the acquittal of George Zimmerman in Martin's death, with Jackson calling it an "apartheid state" and "our Selma," have not spoken publicly of the brutal beating aboard a school bus caught on cellphone and surveillance video. Neither Jackson nor Sharpton responded to requests for comment from FoxNews.com.

Read more: Critics blast Jackson, Sharpton over silence on Florida school bus beating | Fox News

garyt27

INAFJ
Sharpton is resting up, because he will be marching in the upcoming 50yr. anniv. of the King speech in D.C.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And admit that three of their own could ever be responsible for such a crime?

mamatutu

mama to two
Critics blast Jackson, Sharpton over silence on Florida school bus beating

Self-appointed civil rights leaders and celebrities remained mum on the vicious beating of a white sixth-grader at the hands of three older African-Americans in Florida, despite a growing chorus of critics who called their silence hypocrisy given their recent, racially-charged condemnation of the Sunshine State.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, who both blasted Florida in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting and the acquittal of George Zimmerman in Martin's death, with Jackson calling it an "apartheid state" and "our Selma," have not spoken publicly of the brutal beating aboard a school bus caught on cellphone and surveillance video. Neither Jackson nor Sharpton responded to requests for comment from FoxNews.com.

Read more: Critics blast Jackson, Sharpton over silence on Florida school bus beating | Fox News

Did you really expect them to speak out? It doesn't fit 'their' racist agenda. They will probably say something, if they are criticized enough for remaining silent. It all gets really, really old. Yuck.

protectmd

Its not shocking.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are "Apartheid America." These charlatans and political puppet masters are a far cry from the type of leader that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was. They are not the Nelson Mandela's of America, they are currency driven, sinister, cynical, selfish, race baiters who leech off of African American misfortunes. Their sideshow media stunts distract America from the real problems that plague the black community.

Maybe they should march for the injustice of minority children that are born out of wedlock so that they grow up with parental figures and mature into good responsible citizens. Perhaps they can march for the peace that would come from ensuring that African American children across America grow up to get a education, graduate high school, and aspire to go to college, join the military or learn a trade skill, instead of the violence that occurs when uneducated individuals tear minority communities to shreds nightly. Maybe Al and Jesse should march for the righteousness that would come from recognizing that African American communities are plagued by black on black crime, broken homes, poverty, instability and unplanned pregnancies. The recognition that the community, the culture, is being replaced by fast illegal money, dope, liquor stores, slutty women, stolen guns and street fame.

I would hope that this process can be reversed before its too late. Today's black history month and museums are filled with inventors, doctors, civil rights leaders, military hero's and famous historical figures. I would hope that the current state of affairs improves for them so that tomorrows musuems aren't honoring the legacy's of the Lil Wayne's, Rayful Edmond's, and John Allen Muhammed.

Can this decline of civility in the African American community stop before its too late?

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
The idiots were arrested and charged. And the evidence against them is incontrovertible.

But hey, Fox News did a good job getting you guys fired up.

mamatutu

mama to two
The idiots were arrested and charged. And the evidence against them is incontrovertible.

It is funny you said that because I saw tonight that the sheriff in that jurisdiction said it was not a racial incident; it was because of a marijuana deal gone bad. But, you know, we have to be ready to cover all bases. And, actually, I don't believe any of the crap for one minute.

CaneCorso

Its not shocking.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are "Apartheid America." These charlatans and political puppet masters are a far cry from the type of leader that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was. They are not the Nelson Mandela's of America, they are currency driven, sinister, cynical, selfish, race baiters who leech off of African American misfortunes. Their sideshow media stunts distract America from the real problems that plague the black community.

Maybe they should march for the injustice of minority children that are born out of wedlock so that they grow up with parental figures and mature into good responsible citizens. Perhaps they can march for the peace that would come from ensuring that African American children across America grow up to get a education, graduate high school, and aspire to go to college, join the military or learn a trade skill, instead of the violence that occurs when uneducated individuals tear minority communities to shreds nightly. Maybe Al and Jesse should march for the righteousness that would come from recognizing that African American communities are plagued by black on black crime, broken homes, poverty, instability and unplanned pregnancies. The recognition that the community, the culture, is being replaced by fast illegal money, dope, liquor stores, slutty women, stolen guns and street fame.

I would hope that this process can be reversed before its too late. Today's black history month and museums are filled with inventors, doctors, civil rights leaders, military hero's and famous historical figures. I would hope that the current state of affairs improves for them so that tomorrows musuems aren't honoring the legacy's of the Lil Wayne's, Rayful Edmond's, and John Allen Muhammed.

Can this decline of civility in the African American community stop before its too late?

Mmm, I'm not so sure you want Jackson having anything to to with parenting since he did such a good job with his own son....

Midnightrider

These folks are such victims and such race baiters that they don't see the obvious differences between a crime where the suspects were black and arrested and the Zimmerman case.

PsyOps

Pixelated
These folks are such victims and such race baiters that they don't see the obvious differences between a crime where the suspects were black and arrested and the Zimmerman case.

In the context of how each case has been reported, please, explain the difference.

Midnightrider

In the context of how each case has been reported, please, explain the difference.

The context of the cases has determined how they were reported. If Zimmerman had been arrested and tried right off the bat you would have never heard about it. The suspects in this case were arrested and charged, that's why you aren't hearing about it. (Except for from some race baiters).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If Zimmerman had been arrested and tried right off the bat you would have never heard about it.

So you are advocating for new arrest criteria that take in to account the potential for "public" strife and political fallout? Since the basic legal criteria were not enough to support charges, I mean.

God help us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The context of the cases has determined how they were reported. If Zimmerman had been arrested and tried right off the bat you would have never heard about it. The suspects in this case were arrested and charged, that's why you aren't hearing about it. (Except for from some race baiters).

You don’t remember why he wasn’t tried right away do you? There was no evidence to charge him. It wasn’t until pressure by Sharpton and the NAACP forced the state’s prosecutor to act. And the results of the trial proved it. An enormous waste of state’s resources over something that became an international crisis. Why did it become an international crisis? Race!

So, question for you… Was what happened in the Zimmerman case racially motivated? Was it deserving of the attention it got on racial grounds?

dontknowwhy

and you are such a victim, you don't understand that in Florida, law abiding citizens have the right to STAND THEIR GROUND when being attacked by full grown, adult thugs..

and just to point out your obvious ignorance: had 3 white hispanics attacked a black sixth grader on a bus, the outcome would've definitely NOT been the same...the 3 white hispanics would be getting charged with a hate crime

Midnightrider

You don’t remember why he wasn’t tried right away do you? There was no evidence to charge him. It wasn’t until pressure by Sharpton and the NAACP forced the state’s prosecutor to act. And the results of the trial proved it. An enormous waste of state’s resources over something that became an international crisis. Why did it become an international crisis? Race!

So, question for you… Was what happened in the Zimmerman case racially motivated? Was it deserving of the attention it got on racial grounds?

There was plenty of evidence to arrest him or at least take the case to the grand jury. Even omeara said that the case should have gone to the grand jury right away and all the drama could have been avoided.
You can pretend that Zimmerman was open and shut self defense, but it wasnt. Any mother who's unarmed child has been gunned down is going to push for justice. The race issue didnt come until the baiters got involved. It was only about justice for he two weeks or so that it stayed a local issue.
It is a shame that race did play an issue in the Zimmerman case, both in zimmemans actions and in the way the baiters responded to him not being charged.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There was plenty of evidence to arrest him or at least take the case to the grand jury. Even omeara said that the case should have gone to the grand jury right away and all the drama could have been avoided.
You can pretend that Zimmerman was open and shut self defense, but it wasnt. Any mother who's unarmed child has been gunned down is going to push for justice. The race issue didnt come until the baiters got involved. It was only about justice for he two weeks or so that it stayed a local issue.
It is a shame that race did play an issue in the Zimmerman case, both in zimmemans actions and in the way the baiters responded to him not being charged.

Okay, whatever about the evidence. It went to trial and the state lost. Case closed. And let’s not dredge up emotion here with ‘any mother who lost a child :blahblah: …” Let’s stay with the subject.

Before I go any farther… Who are the race baiters you’re talking about? You've called me a race baiter, so I want to make sure I understand who you're referring to.

Midnightrider

Okay, whatever about the evidence. It went to trial and the state lost. Case closed. And let’s not dredge up emotion here with ‘any mother who lost a child :blahblah: …” Let’s stay with the subject.

Before I go any farther… Who are the race baiters you’re talking about? You've called me a race baiter, so I want to make sure I understand who you're referring to.

In the Zimmerman case it was Jessie and al, in this case it's a bunch of SOMDers :yay:

That emotion is why she pushed for the killer of her child to be arrested. I can only imagine the mother of your children (hypothetical- no offense intended) would do the same if her unarmed child was shot to death.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That emotion is why she pushed for the killer of her child to be arrested. I can only imagine the mother of your children (hypothetical- no offense intended) would do the same if her unarmed child was shot to death.

So you are advocating that the "emotional distress" of related/interested parties should be a factor considered by the states attorneys when deciding to charge someone.

God help us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
In the Zimmerman case it was Jessie and al, in this case it's a bunch of SOMDers :yay:

The SOMDers were responding to the ridiculous charge by Al and the gang that this had anything to do with race. Are you suggesting we should just sit around and shut up about it?

A mother does not push to have someone arrested simply because she lost a child. The evidence has to do that. Emotion has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Again, the facts did not prove his guilt.

But given you seem to admit Al and the NAACP were wrong in dredging up the race card in this case, making a single shooting in a little unassuming town in FL an international phenomenon, I’ll assume you feel they overstepped and should probably just keep their mouths shut about things they have no clue about? I mean if you’re going to run around this forum pointing your accusatory finger at the ‘racer-baiters’ in here, I assume you’re going to do the same in the future with Al and the gang.

And in the same context, I assume since you believe Al and the gang were wrong in making outrageous accusations that Zimmerman is a racist and getting the media all stirred up in a frenzy about it, you can understand why white people are upset about it?