U.S. ‘kidnapped’ missing Malaysia Airlines plane

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...php=true&_type=blogs&partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1

With the fate and location of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet still unexplained on Tuesday, the police were investigating the possibilities of hijacking, sabotage and possible psychological or personal problems among the crew and passengers, while other agencies in Malaysia continued to investigate noncriminal explanations, as Thomas Fuller, Jane Perlez and Alan Cowell reported.
On Tuesday, an influential Iranian lawmaker accused the United States of having “kidnapped” Flight 370, saying it was an attempt to “sabotage the relationship between Iran and China and South East Asia.”

Chris0nllyn

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey, Boeing has warned of the potential for electronic take over of the plane. Maybe all those warnings about turning off your cell phone were for good reason.

Maybe there is an Ihijack app and someones cell downloaded a virus AND it migrated out through the charge cord, into the planes systems and into their CPU's and took over or installed a FAIL virus or something.

YEARS ago, my old profession, electricity, control signals started being sent through power lines to ceiling fans and what not, so, today, fly by wire planes, total computer control, no more cables, no more direct physical connection (and isolation) is it impossible for this to happen? Are a bunch of geeks at Langley trying to figure out how to explain away how their little experiment, just to see if it would work, just take over for a moment or two, observe heading changes, altitude, speed, got out of control?

:popcorn:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Maybe there is an Ihijack app:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/tech/mobile/phone-hijack-plane/index.html

(CNN) -- Could this be the deadliest smartphone app ever?

A German security consultant, who's also a commercial pilot, has demonstrated tools he says could be used to hijack an airplane remotely, using just an Android phone.

Speaking at the Hack in the Box security summit in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Hugo Teso said Wednesday that he spent three years developing SIMON, a framework of malicious code that could be used to attack and exploit airline security software, and an Android app to run it that he calls PlaneSploit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hey, Boeing has warned of the potential for electronic take over of the plane. Maybe all those warnings about turning off your cell phone were for good reason.

Maybe there is an iHijack app .....

:popcorn:

you saw that warning as well huh

Vince

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/tech/mobile/phone-hijack-plane/index.html

(CNN) -- Could this be the deadliest smartphone app ever?

A German security consultant, who's also a commercial pilot, has demonstrated tools he says could be used to hijack an airplane remotely, using just an Android phone.

Speaking at the Hack in the Box security summit in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Hugo Teso said Wednesday that he spent three years developing SIMON, a framework of malicious code that could be used to attack and exploit airline security software, and an Android app to run it that he calls PlaneSploit.
:bs:

Vince

But...but...if it was on CNN it's true!
Been watch CNN most of the morning and that is all that has been on. The Malaysian airliner. :doh: Don't they know any other news? They even had two guys in a simulator to try to simulate the flight. Stupid. You can't simulate a flight unless you know a heading and the condition of the aircraft. They are all guessing. They say the "data suggests" they flew off course, but which direction, they don't know.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Been watch CNN most of the morning and that is all that has been on. The Malaysian airliner. :doh: Don't they know any other news? They even had two guys in a simulator to try to simulate the flight. Stupid. You can't simulate a flight unless you know a heading and the condition of the aircraft. They are all guessing. They say the "data suggests" they flew off course, but which direction, they don't know.

My curiosity is getting peaked. The 777 is composite, yes? Does that mean that it is less visible to radar, excluding electronics?

Vince

My curiosity is getting peaked. The 777 is composite, yes? Does that mean that it is less visible to radar, excluding electronics?
It's visible on radar, but if they turned off the transponder they wouldn't be identifiable any longer. The pieces will still be able to be seen on radar if it broke up in the air. But if it broke up or exploded (sabotage) at 40k ft., pieces will be scattered over 100 mi or so. Who knows. Depends on winds at altitude, flight path, etc. Lots of questions, no answers. Like I said, they are guessing at this point.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's visible on radar, but if they turned off the transponder they wouldn't be identifiable any longer. The pieces will still be able to be seen on radar if it broke up in the air. But if it broke up or exploded (sabotage) at 40k ft., pieces will be scattered over 100 mi or so. Who knows. Depends on winds at altitude, flight path, etc. Lots of questions, no answers. Like I said, they are guessing at this point.

OK, so, it ain't broke up (pieces would have been found by now) and someone has the radar track and flight record of this thing (us?) and knows where it is and everyone is running around behind the scenes trying to figure out how to present it publicly? I was just curious if it was tougher to see or track than any other typical (non comp) airliner.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I drew a picture of what I think happened. I’m also available if anyone needs a crime sketch artist.

Attachments

• 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 192

Vince

OK, so, it ain't broke up (pieces would have been found by now) and someone has the radar track and flight record of this thing (us?) and knows where it is and everyone is running around behind the scenes trying to figure out how to present it publicly? I was just curious if it was tougher to see or track than any other typical (non comp) airliner.
Obviously, it's on the ground, landed safely, or crashed in pieces. Big search area. Figure where they lost contact with it, how much fuel was left, and then 360 degrees from there out to their point where they are outta gas. There's your search area. Lots of ground to cover. :shrug: