U.S. ‘kidnapped’ missing Malaysia Airlines plane

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.prisonplanet.com/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68sq68-another-777.html

It is my belief that MH370 likely flew in the shadow of SIA68 through India and Afghanistan airspace. As MH370 was flying “dark” without transponder / ADS-B output, SIA68 would have had no knowledge that MH370 was anywhere around and as it entered Indian airspace, it would have shown up as one single blip on the radar with only the transponder information of SIA68 lighting up ATC and military radar screens.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
With over 35 years in aviation and flying, I know a little bit about it, but I was commenting on RR's comment.
I was saying if everyone went to sleep due to lack of O2, how did the aircraft change course. Yeah, they could have been coupled to the autopilot and the course already programed in, but that's just another guess.

Was not attacking your credibility. As I understand it, the pilots have oxygen for at least a little while.

MMDad

Lem Putt

They'd have to know exactly when and where that flight would be. Without their transponder on, they wouldn't have TCAS to show them where the other plane was. Imagine trying to find one particular plane using only your eyes, determine it is the right plane, and then tuck in behind it, all without them noticing you.

I could maybe see them doing that with a random flight that just happened to be passing by, but if you have a destination in mind you would be relying on a specific flight to be exactly on time and exactly on route, with no deviations at all. Too many variables.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Was not attacking your credibility. As I understand it, the pilots have oxygen for at least a little while.

Only if they can get it on before they pass out. Just like the passengers. Sudden decompression can make that pretty difficult.

Vince

If they notice. I think Rose was saying the cabin pressure crept up very gradually. If the pilots were worth a crap they'd notice the change. If they couldn't keep a good cabin alt. go down to 10K and keep on flying. I'm thinking they took the aircraft somewhere. After all this searching and no one has found a trace? They hijacked it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
With over 35 years in aviation and flying, I know a little bit about it, but I was commenting on RR's comment.
I was saying if everyone went to sleep due to lack of O2, how did the aircraft change course. Yeah, they could have been coupled to the autopilot and the course already programed in, but that's just another guess.

Everyone wouldn't have gone to sleep/died from suffocation had someone on the flight crew donned the O2 mask prior to reducing cabin pressurization. It would explain the climb to FL450 as useful consciousness is only about 10 seconds at that altitude and death would be within minutes. Then after just a few minutes pressurization could be restored and the flight continue as normal or do whatever they wanted it to do.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If they notice. I think Rose was saying the cabin pressure crept up very gradually. If the pilots were worth a crap they'd notice the change. If they couldn't keep a good cabin alt. go down to 10K and keep on flying. I'm thinking they took the aircraft somewhere. After all this searching and no one has found a trace? They hijacked it.

I guess. just doesn't seem like the sort of thing you can much expect to get away with these days. Terror is one thing; the hijacking IS the goal. Stealing it?

Hank

my war
herve.jpg

MMDad

Lem Putt
I can't believe no news agency has floated the idea of the plane simply being stolen, it is worth quite a bit of money after all.

It has very little value without a clean title. Every part with any value is serialized, so if they do show up on the black market it won't take long to figure out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And possilbly use it as a terrorist weapon. :shrug:

With our omnipotent surveillance capacity, drones, (not to mention our armed surveillance capacity) it just seems like an awfully unrealistic thing to think the plane could ever take off again and not be blown out of the sky minutes later. I mean, if it's in one piece it will, (I think already has been) found and from there, we certainly won't let is just take off again unless and until we've inspected it.

So, to me, either an emergency and it disintegrated, be it accident or terror or someone wanted to manipulate some event, flipped out or, hell if I know. If terror, no one seems to be putting that to use, no claims or threats or anything.

Seeming to me more and more like something went wrong and not in a nefarious way. :shrug:

C

czygvtwkr

It has very little value without a clean title. Every part with any value is serialized, so if they do show up on the black market it won't take long to figure out.

I can't see a Russian mobster, tin pot dictator, or equivalent wanting to use it as a private aircraft giving a damn about it having a clean title.

MMDad

Lem Putt
What exactly would prevent them from taking it anywhere?

The location of every one of them (except this one) is known. If an "extra" one shows up at LAX don't you think someone would notice? There are airplane geeks out there who track airliners as a hobby. http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/777/

In order to fly in Europe you need Mode S. For Mode S you need an address. To get an address you need to go to ICAO. They will want to know what aircraft it belongs to.

Suppose you call Boeing for a replacement part. They'll want to know which aircraft it's for so they can give you the right part for that configuration. What are you going to do, make up serial numbers?

C

czygvtwkr

The location of every one of them (except this one) is known. If an "extra" one shows up at LAX don't you think someone would notice? There are airplane geeks out there who track airliners as a hobby. http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/777/

In order to fly in Europe you need Mode S. For Mode S you need an address. To get an address you need to go to ICAO. They will want to know what aircraft it belongs to.

Suppose you call Boeing for a replacement part. They'll want to know which aircraft it's for so they can give you the right part for that configuration. What are you going to do, make up serial numbers?

Could always be someone that already has one or that plans on "buying" one from one of those #### bag third world airlines that has the people in the seats hold a chicken in their lap during the flight.

Even as scrap an airliner is a nice chunk of change.

MarieB

It's in the Ocean (there is a reason the US focused in this area)

And

there is a reason the Aussies, NZ, and the US are searching a specific area,which was slightly shifted today, and they are apparently flight only now.

What was planned if anything, no clue.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Could always be someone that already has one or that plans on "buying" one from one of those #### bag third world airlines that has the people in the seats hold a chicken in their lap during the flight.

Even as scrap an airliner is a nice chunk of change.

It is beyond my comprehension that anyone, anywhere, could pick up a 777 and hope to operate and maintain it bought it in some back alley deal with no one the wiser.