Martirano leaving?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Which screws over St. Mary's County since they'll now have to appoint an interim. Instead of him resigning a few months ago, effective July 1 to give the Board time for a search, he waits until now.

Just like Smith over here in Calvert did.

Yet teachers have to resign/retire by July 15th or they forfeit several months of pension as punishment.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Which screws over St. Mary's County since they'll now have to appoint an interim. Instead of him resigning a few months ago, effective July 1 to give the Board time for a search, he waits until now.

Yet teachers have to resign/retire by July 15th or they forfeit several months of pension as punishment.

He won't be leaving until late September.

OldHillcrestGuy

From the article he just found out he got the job in West Virginia and asked them to not release the news until the next Bd. of Ed. meeting in St. Mary's which was last night.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Interesting. The article in yesterday's Cumberland Times-News only names the person who is going to temporarily fill the outgoing Superintendent's position, and that three candidates made it to the final round. Nothing in today's issue. Possibly something will be published tomorrow.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

BernieP

Resident PIA
From the article he just found out he got the job in West Virginia and asked them to not release the news until the next Bd. of Ed. meeting in St. Mary's which was last night.

according to the radio, the official announcement was to be made July 1.
But they go ahead with a press release yesterday (for today's news).

BernieP

Resident PIA
I believe St. Mary's County is lucky for West Virginia to have him.

now the teachers union can hire the person they want.

Has anyone (besides me) ever wonder why we should care what the employees think about who there boss is, or who is elected to have oversight on the schools (and therefore technically them).

It's like the auto workers union making recommendations for the CEO of GM and who should be on the board of directors.

I've never been overly impressed, but it might just be the type of personality that gets these jobs. It's all the feel good stuff that flows from their mouth.
Who I would like to see is that woman that ran DC public schools, Michele Rhee. Union eventually ran her off (politics) but she seemed to know how to run a business, and while the product is educating our children, it is a business.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
now the teachers union can hire the person they want.

Has anyone (besides me) ever wonder why we should care what the employees think about who there boss is, or who is elected to have oversight on the schools (and therefore technically them).

It's like the auto workers union making recommendations for the CEO of GM and who should be on the board of directors.

I've never been overly impressed, but it might just be the type of personality that gets these jobs. It's all the feel good stuff that flows from their mouth.
Who I would like to see is that woman that ran DC public schools, Michele Rhee. Union eventually ran her off (politics) but she seemed to know how to run a business, and while the product is educating our children, it is a business.

I like Michele Rhee, she was spot on and if DC had kept her, they would have turned around their school system.

Also, if the union hates you, you have to be doing something right.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I like Michele Rhee, she was spot on and if DC had kept her, they would have turned around their school system.

Also, if the union hates you, you have to be doing something right.

So, you approve of liars who cook their results to make themselves look better?

Why do you dislike Obama so much, then?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Or the State Education Department yanks their Teaching license for a year, thus making them unemployable anywhere else for a teaching job.

(The Mafia has nothing on the State of Maryland!)