Martirano leaving?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Got a link?

I'm not aware she "cooked" anything except meals for her family.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Rhee and Cheating in DC public Schools
Start here & be sure to click on all of the referencing links scattered throughout the story so you get the FULL picture ---
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/e...ee-on-panel-amid-dc-schools-inquiry.html?_r=0

Extra info:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/11/memo-washington-dc-schools-cheating/2074473/

http://takingnote.learningmatters.tv/?p=6232

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eryone-in-d-c-cheating-scandal-rhee-included/

(And, yeah, I got tired, too. There's LOTS out there! And if you really feel like digging into things, dig into the connections between Rhee, Bill Gates, Eli Broad, Pearson LLC, Arne Duncan, Obama, Common Core. And when you've finished with that, check into her husband, where her kids go to school, and exactly what she is doing with her company Students First. Be sure to look at who's funding what. I'm sure that you'll see many, many names that cross-pollinate in a very incestuous manner.)

BernieP

Resident PIA
all blogs from the progressive left or the federation of teachers

not exactly unbiased and all editorials.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

What do you consider an unbiased source? List specific examples, please. It helps to find resources if I know going in what YOU consider to be reliable, and what you consider to be "qualified experts".

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
What do you consider an unbiased source? List specific examples, please. It helps to find resources if I know going in what YOU consider to be reliable, and what you consider to be "qualified experts".

Sources which validate his preconceived ideas. Post some anti-teacher story from a guy standing under a tree with a 40 in a paper bag and pissing himself and that will make him orgasmic.

Tony_M

So what do the blogs from the conservative right say?

Are these biased editorials also?

Michelle Rhee is a shameless self promoter. Anyone from the right or left should see that.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

I have had no children in St. Mary's, but do have 3 grandkids, at the moment in each level of grades, high, middle and elementary.

First St. Marys County even if she did have a clean slate, could never ever come close in salary to hire Michelle Rhee.

From what I have seem over the years Mr Martirano has been involved with the indiviual schools. In like a period of 10-12 yeras of going to programs at Lettie Dent, I have maybe recalled a couple times he didnot come.

In these times superindents move on quickly, if they are good, other places offer more money. St. Marys if they want a really good replacement will end up paying more in salary then what they are paying Martirano at present.

I worked for 25 years at the Bd. of Ed. in PG County and cant begin to count the number of supers they had during that time. Several real s***heads and one is serving time in prison. Each time one came in their salary was always more then the one they replaced.

So the replacement will probabaly come in making more to start and then we will have those that think the salary is to high.

Good luck St Mary's school board in your selection for a replacement.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Sources which validate his preconceived ideas. Post some anti-teacher story from a guy standing under a tree with a 40 in a paper bag and pissing himself and that will make him orgasmic.

no, but one site was from the Federation of Teachers, another was a blog from a left/progressive clearly pro labor union.
She was run out of dodge because she challenged the status quo, she challenged the union.
She did not alter test scores or cheat, that was done by individuals. She took the fall
Just watching the campaign for school board it's clear, the teacher union feels that only someone who is sympathetic to educators should sit on the board, definitely not someone who will challenge the way business is done. Great problem with institutions in this country that start to fail, they don't want to change the way they do business, they just want more money, be it the schools, social service agencies, etc.
The attacks on Rhee have as much to do with politics as her failures and success. Unions, and that includes all the teachers unions, have been aligned with the Democratic party, who was the last Republican the Washington Post endorsed?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You're correct she didn't change test scores, she covered it up. When she taught, and taped kids mouths shut, she lied about her own scores.

Of course, since you don't like teachers, and neither does she, it's ok. That's why I'm surprised you aren't an Obama leg humper as much as he lies. I guess it's selective.

Oh, Prince George's has had eleven Superintendents since 1984. One went to prison for theft while he was there, another was unable to qualify for a MD Instructional I certificate (the 2nd lowest, right above Provisional), another left when questions were raised about his PhD, another left just ahead of sexual harassment and Civil Rights suits were filed, while another left because, by state law, the School Board couldn't give him a 10 year contract.

I have no brief for Martirano, met him once years ago, but be careful what you wish for. Get a Rhee clone (or someone from the Broad Academy for Superintendents) and y'all won't recognize the school system. And it won't be positive.

You said something earlier about how the kids in DC would all be successful if Rhee had stayed. No they wouldn't. Most of them, had they been in school with you and I, would have been those for whom 8th grade was their Senior year.

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

:tap:

You still haven't answered my question (quoted above to refresh your memory).

hometowngirl

now the teachers union can hire the person they want.

Has anyone (besides me) ever wonder why we should care what the employees think about who there boss is, or who is elected to have oversight on the schools (and therefore technically them).

It's like the auto workers union making recommendations for the CEO of GM and who should be on the board of directors.

I've never been overly impressed, but it might just be the type of personality that gets these jobs. It's all the feel good stuff that flows from their mouth.
Who I would like to see is that woman that ran DC public schools, Michele Rhee. Union eventually ran her off (politics) but she seemed to know how to run a business, and while the product is educating our children, it is a business.

are you calling the BOE a union...:killingme funny...since they are responsible for hiring the super...its also funny how most county folks believe the BOE tells the teachers what to do...WAY FUNNY..:killingme:killingme:killingme