This Never Should Have Been Published

Hijinx

Isn't it nice we have CIA agents who cannot keep a secret?
They cannot see the damage they have done with our relations with the Mossad?
Why would a real agency work with us when we cannot keep our mouths shut?

The story lets the cat out of the bag and then goes on to try to justify the reasons the CIA participated in this operation.
The man was hurting us, he needed to be gotten rid of.
Then they spill the beans on how it was done.

We do not have any intelligence agencies any longer. We have sieves with people waiting to write books and spill their guts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
horse sh i t ..... would you prefer 10,000 troops on the ground

this is exactly how you deal with people like this .....

Most powerful economy on the planet. Or, were. Most powerful military, ever. And we have to resort like behaving like what we claim to detest?

I'm never quite sure if you simply don't get it or don't want to. You honestly think we're some sort of handcuffed, pathetic nation that HAS to resort to behaving like what we claim to detest?? Really??? Or no?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Wanh! Wanh!!! Low down, sneaky scumbags! We're better than them! We shouldn't tolerate that!"

"Pssst....no. We do it, too!"

"Uh.....err.....well, when we do it it is different and they should just accept that and not do it..."

Midnightrider

"Wanh! Wanh!!! Low down, sneaky scumbags! We're better than them! We shouldn't tolerate that!"

"Pssst....no. We do it, too!"

"Uh.....err.....well, when we do it it is different and they should just accept that and not do it..."

They are not going to get it Larry. They think we should be over there killing people.....

PsyOps

Pixelated
Most powerful economy on the planet. Or, were. Most powerful military, ever. And we have to resort like behaving like what we claim to detest?

I'm never quite sure if you simply don't get it or don't want to. You honestly think we're some sort of handcuffed, pathetic nation that HAS to resort to behaving like what we claim to detest?? Really??? Or no?

I’d like to know specifically what you mean by “what we claim we detest”. What is it you are saying we detest in the context of this operation?

Hijinx

horse sh i t ..... would you prefer 10,000 troops on the ground

this is exactly how you deal with people like this .....

In Ohio they have people waiting on death row because they cannot figure out a way to execute them that will make everyone happy.
They need the proper drugs.

Take these a-holes out in a field ,sit them in a chair with dynamite under it , and blow them to hell.
Did they care how they murdered the people they killed.
Execute them, get the job done and stop worrying about how to do it.
For that matter there are thousands of drug that will kill them ---use them.

Now we have this terrorist who was hard to get to, he had participated in the killing of a lot of people and we are supposed to worry about how he got it?

Dirty jobs sometimes done dirty. That's the way the mop flops.
We are on the receiving end of it enough.
But when you have a security agency that leaks worse than the Titanic it's hardly a surprise when others do not want to work with you.

Hijinx

I’d like to know specifically what you mean by “what we claim we detest”. What is it you are saying we detest in the context of this operation?

So we blew this guy up with a car that was carefully prepared to not cause any collateral damage. There was none.
That's terrible.
But it's ok to kill innocents with drones?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So we blew this guy up with a car that was carefully prepared to not cause any collateral damage. There was none.
That's terrible.

I'm sure you're not speaking for Larry in saying he approves our drone program?

Hijinx

I'm sure you're not speaking for Larry in saying he approves our drone program?

I never speak for Larry--or to him.
I am only saying that we attack certain targeted people with Drones and collateral damage is done. Civilians are killed.
I fail to see much difference in that and getting this guy with a car bomb.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Assassination. Violating rule of law.

We executed a guy with no due process foreign soil and simply made up enough excuse to stomach it; to save US lives in Iraq.

We did that instead of just winning the war in Iraq which would have served the same purpose; protecting US troops without having to violate every principle our guys were supposedly sent to protect.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's terrible.

Drones is a scum bag, un American, sick way to avoid just winning the war and being done with it. Again, we use methods we, supposedly, abhor, in the name of preserving the principles we're violating.

PsyOps

Pixelated

We executed a guy with no due process foreign soil and simply made up enough excuse to stomach it; to save US lives in Iraq.

We did that instead of just winning the war in Iraq which would have served the same purpose; protecting US troops without having to violate every principle our guys were supposedly sent to protect.

So, now when we kill terrorists, it’s considered assassination?

Who was Imad Mughniyah, a senior Hezbollah figure

Mughnniyah was on the FBI's most-wanted terrorists list and was sought by the authorities in 42 other countries as well. Here are some of the major attacks Mughniyah was allegedly involved in:

Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut, 1983: The suicide bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut killed 63 people, including eight CIA officers.

Torture and killing of CIA's Lebanon station chief, 1984: Mughniyah was allegedly involved in the kidnapping and killing of William F. Buckley, the CIA station chief. Officials said Mughniyah sent videotapes of brutal interrogation sessions to the CIA before Buckley was killed.

Hijacking of TWA flight 847, 1985: A flight from Athens to Rome was hijacked by Hezbollah operatives. U.S. Navy diver Robert Stethem was murdered and dozens of other passengers were held hostage for about two weeks.

Suicide bombing of Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires, 1992: Four Israeli civilians and 25 Argentinians were killed in the 1994 attack on the embassy.

You don't consider this guy to be an enemy combatant in this 'war'? Enemy combatants are afforded 'due process'? We killed a bad guy. How does that compare to suicide bombers that indiscriminately butcher innocent civilians?

PsyOps

Pixelated
I never speak for Larry--or to him.
I am only saying that we attack certain targeted people with Drones and collateral damage is done. Civilians are killed.
I fail to see much difference in that and getting this guy with a car bomb.

So you disapprove of this action?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, now when we kill terrorists, it’s considered assassination?

Who was Imad Mughniyah, a senior Hezbollah figure

You don't consider this guy to be an enemy combatant in this 'war'? Enemy combatants are afforded 'due process'? We killed a bad guy. How does that compare to suicide bombers that indiscriminately butcher innocent civilians?

If we fought this way 75 years ago we'd still be fighting Germans and Japanese and would probably be communist long before now.

edinsomd

No due process?

FTA:" The authority to kill Mughniyah required a presidential finding by President George W. Bush. The attorney general, the director of national intelligence, the national security adviser and the Office of Legal Counsel at the Justice Department all signed off on the operation, one former intelligence official said.

The former official said getting the authority to kill Mughniyah was a “rigorous and tedious” process. “What we had to show was he was a continuing threat to Americans,” the official said, noting that Mughniyah had a long history of targeting Americans dating back to his role in planning the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut."

That's as much or more due process then when Barry drones American citizens on foreign soil.