3 Doors Down Concert

Well Ive heard from a reliable source and dont know if this might have been a factor in the move, that 3 Doors Down have a hangup with the police and will not allow any police presence inside their concerts and would not allow CCSO inside the staduim. I have no idea what the county requires for a large get together of several thousand people or whether Kool Productions needed to get a permit from the county and what that permit requires like police for crowd control, but with 3 Doors Downs possible refusal to allow police inside this may have caused the change.:shrug:

My initial knee-jerk thought was since 3 out of the last 4 concerts bombed there KP pulled out of the stadium and moved to National Harbor to attract a larger base of people... again, this was my initial thought and seems to make sense.

DC-101 is now advertising the show on the air and giving tickets away, the DJ will not even say "it was scheduled at Regency Furniture Stadium" (RFS) as "it might cause confusion" - I just heard the DJ say this. There is nothing scheduled there, the Blue Crabs are away on the 14th...

As far as Hoover and I are concerned we are not going as we have plans that are taking us out of town the next day. Going to the concert at RFS had us home in less than 20 minutes because they get cars out of there really quick, even when the ball games are packed out. On the worse night I can remember getting out of there, the stadium was PACKED OUT and I was in my garage in 40 minutes.

Now at National Harbor I will bet it will take 2+ hours to get home. At the parking garage, you have to pay to have your parking stub validated at a kiosk... it goes really quick but they are NOT plentiful. The parking garages are not setup for mass exodus of people - it WILL be a cluster-####. That alone will cause a major delay getting out of there. People will be lined up and trying to figure it out... my patience will already be thinned.

We also purchased out tickets with others (block of 10) and picked our seats out. We knew where we were sitting, where the bathrooms were, where the concessions were, parking was free, etc... that is what I signed up for, not what is being offered.

At the new venue it appears to be setup in a parking lot (Nana - please correct me if I am wrong on this); a buddy of mine did a fly over and he saw the setup. For facilities Porta-Jons - fine for me but I can guarantee Hoover will hold it. The seats are on a first come first served basis, no concessions, no cover in case a storm comes through, etc... yeah, we bought the $40 seats and will be placed behind the $75 seats but I bought a seat and wanted to be within close range of my house.

It does not matter why the concert was moved, it was moved and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It makes KP and RFS look bad; we in the forums are hearing parts of a story but I can imagine what others are thinking. :shrug:

I wonder how many people are going to show up to the stadium Friday night to find out the concert was moved - their will be plenty of pissed off people to deal with I can bet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My initial knee-jerk thought was since 3 out of the last 4 concerts bombed there KP pulled out of the stadium and moved to National Harbor to attract a larger base of people... again, this was my initial thought and seems to make sense.

DC-101 is now advertising the show on the air and giving tickets away, the DJ will not even say "it was scheduled at Regency Furniture Stadium" (RFS) as "it might cause confusion" - I just heard the DJ say this. There is nothing scheduled there, the Blue Crabs are away on the 14th...

As far as Hoover and I are concerned we are not going as we have plans that are taking us out of town the next day. Going to the concert at RFS had us home in less than 20 minutes because they get cars out of there really quick, even when the ball games are packed out. On the worse night I can remember getting out of there, the stadium was PACKED OUT and I was in my garage in 40 minutes.

Now at National Harbor I will bet it will take 2+ hours to get home. At the parking garage, you have to pay to have your parking stub validated at a kiosk... it goes really quick but they are NOT plentiful. The parking garages are not setup for mass exodus of people - it WILL be a cluster-####. That alone will cause a major delay getting out of there. People will be lined up and trying to figure it out... my patience will already be thinned.

We also purchased out tickets with others (block of 10) and picked our seats out. We knew where we were sitting, where the bathrooms were, where the concessions were, parking was free, etc... that is what I signed up for, not what is being offered.

At the new venue it appears to be setup in a parking lot (Nana - please correct me if I am wrong on this); a buddy of mine did a fly over and he saw the setup. For facilities Porta-Jons - fine for me but I can guarantee Hoover will hold it. The seats are on a first come first served basis, no concessions, no cover in case a storm comes through, etc... yeah, we bought the $40 seats and will be placed behind the $75 seats but I bought a seat and wanted to be within close range of my house.

It does not matter why the concert was moved, it was moved and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It makes KP and RFS look bad; we in the forums are hearing parts of a story but I can imagine what others are thinking. :shrug:

I wonder how many people are going to show up to the stadium Friday night to find out the concert was moved - their will be plenty of pissed off people to deal with I can bet.

That thought crossed my mind too.

That thought crossed my mind too.

I know when our friends bought the block he did not leave any contact information. He was on vacation in FLA and I found out by this thread. I sent him a TXT message and the more we heard the more of a bad feeling we got about it. If I was not a member here I would bet I would be one of those pissed off people. :yay:

I have an idea; all the cancle-ees can bring some beer, gather in my front yard, and we can blast 3-Doors-Down from the iPod while we watch the dogs chase each other around. :lol:

nana

Nana

I really have not been to this area during a concert. I do know that on the water there are public restrooms also near each garage. I have seen them during the weekly movies that are there. I did contact Management to let them know about the radio station still advertising. KP is trying to get the word out to everyone as best that they can. It is a problem but... they are trying to handle it. The Harbor is beautiful and from what I have been told a great concert facility.

kalmd

I did notice this afternoon that the radio now announced that the venue has been changed (HOT995).

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I really have not been to this area during a concert. I do know that on the water there are public restrooms also near each garage. I have seen them during the weekly movies that are there. I did contact Management to let them know about the radio station still advertising. KP is trying to get the word out to everyone as best that they can. It is a problem but... they are trying to handle it. The Harbor is beautiful and from what I have been told a great concert facility.

Will KP be responding to the emails that were sent to them?

Go G-Men

Its NOT a sold out concert - there are plenty of tickets available. The $45 are on the sides of the $75 so there is alot of room. If there are open seats available in both seat sections then you can move to the $45/75 tickets after the concert starts. I was just told by a Kool Productions employee that BCS dropped the ball on the concert so KP moved it to their other contracted location -ie-National Harbour. They are very sorry for any confusion and they will refund any money for tickets purchased at BCS. They will also honor the tickets for National Harbour. Since this was a last minute move KP has turned the concert into a "sort of" general seating concert. Having the $75 ticket holders having front row seating and others are first come first serve.

I love it when I read that Kool Productions blames someone else...

Does anyone on the forum expect them to say something like:

We wanted to make more money so we changed the venue!!

Not likely to happen

Hoover

I love it when I read that Kool Productions blames someone else...

Does anyone on the forum expect them to say something like:

We wanted to make more money so we changed the venue!!

Not likely to happen

Unfortunately that isnt the case. They werent selling tickets as they anticipated and they moved it to another location hoping to sell more tickets. Even though we are aware of Regency Stadium, many arent, so Kool Productions thought moving the venue to another location with more publicity would help sell more tickets. Yes it was a poor decision, yes it was not well thought out, yes I agree with everyone who is complaining but, look at it from another point of view see 3 Doors Down is a great concert and go see them. Its a great concert to take your pre-teens too.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Unfortunately that isnt the case. They werent selling tickets as they anticipated and they moved it to another location hoping to sell more tickets. Even though we are aware of Regency Stadium, many arent, so Kool Productions thought moving the venue to another location with more publicity would help sell more tickets. Yes it was a poor decision, yes it was not well thought out, yes I agree with everyone who is complaining but, look at it from another point of view see 3 Doors Down is a great concert and go see them. Its a great concert to take your pre-teens too.

Damn it, Hoover, thats a direct contradiction of what Nana said...and yet both of you are coming to the defense of KP...Kool Productions work a deal with the Harbor to pay for the publicity, something that Kool Productions should have been doing themselves?? The way I see it, Kool Productions thought word would get out, so they could skimp on publicity and reap more profits..but when tickets sales didn't meet their expectations 10 days before the concert, they jumped ship and said screw you to the people that bought tickets for Regency. Sounds to me that Kool Productions is living on the edge and paniced. I'm sure it will be a great show at the Harbor, but this is a huge eff-up by KP and won't be forgotten.

Beta84

They're out to get us
3 doors down doesn't belong playing in some podunk venue like Regency. Someone wisened up and realized they'd make more money playing elsewhere, while still making the drive reasonable (but obviously a pain) for people who bought tickets. Oh darn. Such a tragedy. Live in a bigger area and you'll get more quality stuff coming by close to home.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
3 doors down doesn't belong playing in some podunk venue like Regency. Someone wisened up and realized they'd make more money playing elsewhere, while still making the drive reasonable (but obviously a pain) for people who bought tickets. Oh darn. Such a tragedy. Live in a bigger area and you'll get more quality stuff coming by close to home.

Like Alan Jackson :whistle:

Pandora

In my best Mr. Slave voice...

Jesus Christ :biggrin: