On Civil War...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Some pretty strong opinions...an interesting read.

This civil war is very different than the last one. There are no cannons or cavalry charges. The left doesn’t want to secede. It wants to rule. Political conflicts become civil wars when one side refuses to accept the existing authority. The left has rejected all forms of authority that it doesn’t control.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266197/civil-war-here-daniel-greenfield

Hijinx

I liked it because I mostly agreed with it.
It is of course a bit slanted, but many facts are there.
It calls leftists treasonous which is a bit strong, but not totally wrong.
When you have leaders like Schumer who has taken a stance of opposing any act the new administration takes.
When you have people like Maxine Waters who stated even before the Inauguration that her intent was to impeach the President.

When you have a whole party of politicians who confirmed a man to a federal Judgeship unanimously,
but turn this man down for the Supreme Court, just because Trump proposed him.

These aren't the decisions made by an American Political party.
These are the decisions of a group of seditionists, who seek to destroy the Constitution and seek their own power.

This country has gotten by for 200 years because of the smooth transition of power to the newly elected administration.
When you interfere with that, you are guilty of treason.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Stuff like that is sooooo hard to read. Like kids on the playground.

"I know you are but what am I?"

How many GOP'ers still think Obama was illegitimate? That he's an agent of Islam? How many were TOTALLY fine with blocking Garland? How many thought that the shut down was a good thing? Which party gets a woody every time Texas tosses around secession?

In the mean time, the left has lost election after election and is reduced to spectator throwing boos and hisses. Minority of state houses, in the US House and the Senate. Tenuous minority at scotus. It is in the midst of blowing much of a chance to win in '18, playing chicken with an issue, Russia, that not only is meaningless in context of what the Clinton/Obama folks did during the campaign but is more likely, every day, to blow up in their faces.

The South held the Senate in 1860 and walked out. They enjoyed a majority, if you include sympathetic pro union Union word party members, in the House and gave that away.

This guy, in my view, does a grave disservice to our civil war by so cavalierly and so weakly comparing current angst and indigestion to people long spoiling for a fight over slavery. There is NO unifying, central them today as there was in 1860. Not even close. Today, there is a grab bag of identity issues to fuss over, none remotely unifying. Gay rights, BLM, the wars, spying, the environment. The only thing close is Trump and, unlike Lincoln who was an abolitionist even though he declared he'd do nothing about it if he wanted to and could not do anything if he did, Trump is itching to deal with the D's.

I guess the dude had an assignment due and this is the best he could come up with on short notice?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is NO unifying, central them today as there was in 1860. Not even close.

We should at least be thankful for that. And thankful that so many of those on the far left are, like TJ for example, such ineffective actors for their cause.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We should at least be thankful for that. And thankful that so many of those on the far left are, like TJ for example, such ineffective actors for their cause.

Thankful??? What if there were an actual unifying theme? What then? The left gonna slap people? Hit them with pussy hats???? The secessionists of 1860 were the militant ones, as in the soldiers, the real soldiers. Most of the top of class at West Point kids were from the South and the rest were Northerners. You know this. The law and order types were Southerners. The conservatives were Southerners. You saw those idiots in Arizona trying to pretend to be tough guys with their little march. How long would they last when the first round whizzes past their ears? ALL the militia types, the hunters, the gun nuts, well, most, are NOT with the left. The analogy this moron comes up with is a poster child for FAIL.

There is NO real militant concern in the US BECAUSE the people who would do the fighting and leading WON the election of 2016. And 2014. And 2010.

Really piss poor article, man. Really poor.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your opinion. Mine is different.

Tell me I'm wrong. The left in this nation, the progressives, are gonna actually fight? Really? This is why I never fear a take over by the left in the US and DO fear one from the right; the left in the US is not fighters, not cops, not the people you need to actually fight.
Hell, the ONLY reason there was a fight in 1861 was because the vast majority of Northerners wanted the Union intact and saw secession as in-kewl. Had they been asked to fight for freeing the black man, it never happens.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That guy is hardcore.

On another note, it annoys me when people try to make an equivalency between "a" civil war and "the" Civil War. You can have a civil war (which is kind of a weird term) without having to compare it to the War Between the States. It annoys me even more when people say stupid things like, "Donald Trump is the WORST thing that's EVER happened to this country!" Yeah, go get an education, dumbass.

I'm also getting tired of all these blowhards calling for civil war like we're some third world #### hole. Extremists on both sides are spewing this crap, which makes me want to round them up and do a forced history lesson, because apparently they have only a very nodding acquaintance with real civil wars and no idea how they work in practice. When I read this nonsense I am reminded of the Fire Eaters - how'd that work out for you boys?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You apparently missed one of the key points the author tried to make.....that this time around it's not being fought - or likely going to be fought - with rifles and cannon. ;-)

No, I got that. Thing is, at some point, it's either persuasion or force. At some point cops and even the military will be ordered to do things to friends and neighbors and they will simply reach a tipping point and say no.

That's how coup's happen and it is, virtually without exception, whomever has the security apparatus or the military or both. Perez, Obama, the Clinton's, Nancy, Warren, at some point they're going to be going to the guys with biceps, dip and all the guns to cross a line they won't be willing to cross.

Wishbone

No, I got that. Thing is, at some point, it's either persuasion or force. At some point cops and even the military will be ordered to do things to friends and neighbors and they will simply reach a tipping point and say no.

They won't say no.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They won't say no.

I think that is being counted on by the left. For a time, no doubt orders will be followed. However, at some point, it will be too much. There is no getting around the simple fact that the guys who do the hunting, fighting, shooting, work with their hands, tend to be right of center, tend to be conservative. There isn't a big city police force, or a small one, that could be described as progressive let alone Democrats. Those days are GONE. The left left the white boys, the union dudes, the athletes and blue collar men behind.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They won't say no.

And history backs that up.

I think that is being counted on by the left. For a time, no doubt orders will be followed. However, at some point, it will be too much.

some will walk off the JOB .... many others will not - especially if the media spin machine paints the opposition as a bunch of out of touch, ultra right wing Branch Davidians

Troops will gladly walk those nutbags to the camps

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right on all counts.

Especially Ruby Ridge and Waco.

You're talking isolated incidents with special pressures and backgrounds. We talk about Ruby Ridge and Waco BECAUSE there is ONLY one Waco and one Ruby Ridge. For the premise to be correct that most cops and soldiers would simply fall in line would be to explain away why it is not, and has not, been happening regularly. It's like mass shootings; big news, big splash, EXTREMLY rare.