Teacher Who Forced Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance Placed On Administrative Leave

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I don't stand because I don't pledge to a flag,” Stone said, insisting that he only pledges to his family and God — but not his country.

Stone’s father, Brian Chaney, insisted that the choice was his son’s and that he doesn’t force his son to show respect for the Pledge by standing. “What we see on the TVs, what’s going on in America, it just came to my living room,” Chaney told The Washington Post. “Tears are done. I’m mad now. We’re looking for accountability.”

Stone has not returned to school as his family is considering relocating him to a different district.

“I don’t feel safe going to that school anymore because I don’t know what they’re going to do to me next,” Stone added.

The superintendent of Farmington Public Schools said in a statement that the teacher in question is on administrative leave while the district investigates the alleged incident.

Teacher Who Forced Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance Placed On Administrative Leave

For #### Sake .... you can stand with out uttering a word

littlelady

God bless the USA
And one can sit without standing.

It's really silly to propagandize kids to stand as if this is a military proceeding.

Welp. I can see how patriotism is going out the window from your response. This is what is wrong in America. Did you mean one can stand while sitting? You really made no sense.

This_person

And here I thought as American Citizens, we have the Freedom of Choice..

I actually agree with you. Just because one is American does not mean one must love America. It doesn't sound like this kid was being disruptive of others.

Do I think one should be patriotic? Of course. But I don't think one should be forced to be patriotic.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I actually agree with you. Just because one is American does not mean one must love America. It doesn't sound like this kid was being disruptive of others.

Do I think one should be patriotic? Of course. But I don't think one should be forced to be patriotic.

Well, I guess I don't get the new generations. I was taught differently. And, then people wonder what is happening to America.

This_person

Well, I guess I don't get the new generations. I was taught differently. And, then people wonder what is happening to America.

I am comfortably in my 50s. Not so much a generational thing.

I am a Constitutionalist. I think freedom is good. I would work on correcting this kid's misperceptions instead of forcing him to stand. Then, work on dad.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am comfortably in my 50s. Not so much a generational thing.

I am a Constitutionalist. I think freedom is good. I would work on correcting this kid's misperceptions instead of forcing him to stand. Then, work on dad.

It is a generational thing, but I like your post. :yay:

Hijinx

The teacher was wrong, but not sure it was so bad she should be suspended.
It is blown out of proportion and a quiet admonition should have sufficed.

Grumpy

I remember a guy in my H.S. homeroom that did not stand for the Pledge and that was back in the late 70's. The teacher should have known better.

Had the same thing in elementary school in the early 60s, a girls mother told her not to stand/say the pledge because of her religion (I think it was 7th Day Adventist)..Teacher said fine, it wasn't an issue as far as I could tell.

black dog

Free America
I remember a guy in my H.S. homeroom that did not stand for the Pledge and that was back in the late 70's. The teacher should have known better.

Yep, the schools I went too in the 60's and 70's were huge melting pots with citizens and foreign nationals . With so many parents working in the embassy's , Federal Government and multinational company's that it wasn't a blip on anyone radar when someone didn't stand, speak or sing during the school day.
I shake my head when the so called Patriots shake their flags every chance they get, but yet don't have the basic understanding of what " Rights " really means.
Personal choice, lots of Patriots have died to give us that option.

tom88

Welp. I can see how patriotism is going out the window from your response. This is what is wrong in America. Did you mean one can stand while sitting? You really made no sense.

I am very patriotic. I served in the military and defend this persons right not to be forced to stand. Do we think making him stand is going to make him RESPECT America? It's pointless. It's a public school. How would you like it if I forced you to stand for something you didn't want to stand for?