Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I really, really think he should.

BTW... You live by the water, right?
    Conveniently close to it, yes... ;-)
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I sure hope we've got a few more days like last Sunday...I'm not ready for this crappy weather and my doggie isn't either.
    Neither am I. I've got this planned for Saturday. Not happy that the projected high will only be 41, but at least it's not supposed to rain and the water temps are still in the upper 50's/low 60's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dry_Suit_Training 008.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	120455
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Neither am I. I've got this planned for Saturday. Not happy that the projected high will only be 41, but at least it's not supposed to rain and the water temps are still in the upper 50's/low 60's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dry_Suit_Training 008.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	120455
    I need to get certified for that.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I need to get certified for that.
    Floating with a life jacket? Damn.... I've been doing that illegally all these years, not being certified.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Floating with a life jacket? Damn.... I've been doing that illegally all these years, not being certified.
    *snort*

I need certificates for water survival (including cold water), Emergency First Aid, and Vessel Emergency Procedures (muster, life ring handling, life raft/life boat procedures, signaling, etc etc) to be on board some of the vessels we work on when they are in service.

*snort*

I need certificates for water survival (including cold water), Emergency First Aid, and Vessel Emergency Procedures (muster, life ring handling, life raft/life boat procedures, signaling, etc etc) to be on board some of the vessels we work on when they are in service.
    yeah, I got it. I was Emergency first Aid/CPR/Defib rated when I was doing deep water diving tasks in the Atlantic, but all expired these days.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

*snort*

Looks like you'll have to pay off someone at HLSS to get in on their training.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

I too, enjoy lazy Sunday afternoons...but...your's looks a lot more....lazier than mine...I'm jealous!!!!! I really think you should teach "lazy" classes!!

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Looks like you'll have to pay off someone at HLSS to get in on their training.
    That's the problem....finding any place "local" where I can take it.

Couple of the boys off MCS SWATH 1 took a certification course for "ladder climbing" at the huge Maersk training facility in Esbjerg while I was there last month. I should looked in to taking the courses I need there..seeing how I ended up stuck there for two weeks. ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I too, enjoy lazy Sunday afternoons...but...your's looks a lot more....lazier than mine...I'm jealous!!!!! I really think you should teach "lazy" classes!!
    It was one of those moments where life sorta all chilled out and slowed to a crawl. Perfect temp, perfect sunshine, contented dog...cold beer in hand..

Members who have read this thread: 35