Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I've been taking advantage of this great weather getting out riding. Sunsets have been spectacular. Glad I did, because the weather is going to change real quick now. Time for projects to get restarted. Putting a trailer hitch on the Slingshot this weekend so I can tow a small camper trailer next year.

20170925_181806-001.jpg

How's the gear box holding up? Think it's up to hauling a camper too?

I had it replaced at 500 miles, totally defective. Leaking seals, bearing failure.... The new one is holding it's own, makes some noise but it seems they all do that. Terrible design. They should have used a drive shaft instead of the "L"-drive and rear wheel belt.

Confidence is good. Lots of folks pulling pretty substantial loads and the trailer I'm looking at is pretty lightweight.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had it replaced at 500 miles, totally defective. Leaking seals, bearing failure.... The new one is holding it's own, makes some noise but it seems they all do that. Terrible design. They should have used a drive shaft instead of the "L"-drive and rear wheel belt.

Confidence is good. Lots of folks pulling pretty substantial loads and the trailer I'm looking at is pretty lightweight.

I've seen some really nice ultralight camping trailers in recent years. A couple of fellow early Bronco owners have them..because our little trucks with such short wheelbases were not intended to tow much.